Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to deal with the fact that I will be forever alone?

Djeidi August 4th, 2023

(this is referring more to romantic loneliness but also to freiendless kind of loneliness as well to some extent)

I'm just trying to accept the fact I'll be forever alone and that it's imposible for me to have a normal social life due to my mental state.. I know it's a hella dumb things to be upset about considering other people have so much worse issues... But I'm so badly obsessed with that to the point of even having suicidal thoughts over it

Yougotmyback August 5th, 2023

*sending hugs* 🌸

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. Your feelings are valid and you're heard. Just because you feel someone else has it worse doesn't mean your pain is less than theirs. If it hurts you, it hurts you.

Coming back to your question. I believe the way to deal with it is to make yourself believe in you. Allowing yourself to be happy with people or live in the moment without expectations. Setting boundaries but without making them a prison. You don't have to completely isolate yourself to keep yourself save. The boundaries we create to keep sadness away can keep happiness away too. Balance the isolation and attachment and it may work well without you getting hurt over and over again.

Hope you find a way! 🤍

Djeidi OP August 5th, 2023

@Yougotmyback the boundaries that you describe unfortunately require that isolation

Yougotmyback August 5th, 2023

Sorry to hear that. I'm here if you ever want to talk about it