Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How come I don't have a best mate?

UnwantedChick September 25th, 2016

How come I haven't got a best friend? I'm 43. Often I feel like no one likes me enough. It's very hard to click with anyone with my depression.

OliveCar4161 September 25th, 2016

@UnwantedChick I'm sure we d get along fine

UnwantedChick OP September 26th, 2016

@OliveCar4161

Aw bless! Thanks! 😊

Flourish September 25th, 2016

You might have someone that consideres you their best friend but has not vocalized it yet. For example I have had people tell me I am their best friend but I really haven't felt that someone is my best friend yet, that is because I have seen people who do not even call me their best friend treat me better in some aspects. So the fact that someone calls you their best friend doesn't mean they will treat you much better than someone who doesn't.

To become someone's best friend, I find that being there for them in their highs and lows help. Some people want to be around others only when everything is fine. When things are bad they leave that person to their luck. Hence such person can't be considered a best friend even if they did not do that intentionally. Another thing is showing genuine care.

One thing you can do is ask your close friends, who is their best friend and why. You might be surprised that one day someone might mention you and you never knew. If you do not have any close friend then start by being friendly to people you like, that way you might start building a friendship.

I hope these suggestions help. As usual do what feels best for you. It might take a while to get a best friend, but when you do, you will feel it was worth the wait.

UnwantedChick OP September 26th, 2016

@Flourish

Thank you very much for your time and giving me a really good advice. I try to be there for people but it wasn't easy. Timing sucks but I'm always a phone call away. Maybe that's why I don't have a best friend. Thanks again

TheProcastinator September 26th, 2016

Hello, So I am not going to be sympathatic or empathatic with you. I am going to show you the truth.I am 15. I don't have friends. Ofcourse I am not alone but i refuse to think of them as my friends. Because it saves me from insufferable pain. The truth is, I am not alone. I am always surrounded by friends who use me as their leisure when their friends are away. When they return i am left hanging in the midway. Trust me it feels bad when your only group of friends leave you alone in a street jammed with school students and hang out together without a 'good bye'
And read this for the rest of the story

https://www.7cups.com/forum/GetSupport_28/LifeStory_89/Thestoryofthesuninaskyfullofbrightstars_49644/

I don't need best friends to be happy. I only need myself. I don't want my emotions to be controlled by anyone but me.