Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

on top of the world, and Falling back down

SLJ February 20th, 2015

hey everyone, I'm just wondering how any of you cope with feeling really good, and then all of a sudden feeling really sad. It's getting so hard for me to deal with. It's just so exhausting to me.

Because I know I can feel good, and my life has just become this battle to get to that really short period of feeling good.

Juliathepigeon February 20th, 2015

I completely understand how you feel, I'm going through the same thing myself, I feel no matter how much advice I get, noone else can help and it's a battle I need to get through myself

SLJ OP February 21st, 2015

IT helps to know I'm not alone in this so thanks for replying. It's just so hard, I don't want to live my life feeling this way and I don't know if I can win this myself

flowerbee February 21st, 2015

If you need some really good advice here's some right here:
Stop pretending to be okay if you?re not. Feeling isn?t a sign of weakness. We?ve all been so conditioned to believe that showing emotion is negative, that we?ve begun to see it as some type of failure on our behalf. Your feelings are valid. They matter simply because you feel them. It?s okay to mourn. It?s okay to scream until your lungs give out. It?s okay to feel your tears freeze onto your cheeks because you just couldn?t wait to get home, so you ended up breaking down within your frosted car. It?s okay to feel so much rage that your insides seem eroded. It?s okay to not be okay. It?s okay because you?re human, because you have a heart that loves and a mind that thinks. Do not hide it. Do not fear it. Accept it and understand it. The more you do, the more you will come to learn about yourself. Face it. Face all of it at once, because everything beautiful in this life has the chance to destroy us. And if it succeeds, if it ends up crushing more than just your bones, know that that is okay too. Know that this means you are alive. That your pulse is beating and your lungs are breathing. So cry if you must. Hurt for however long it fucking takes. Days, months, years. Hell, die metaphorically. Attend your own funeral, buy yourself flowers, write a God damn speech. And when you have allowed the storm to pass naturally, when you have not rushed it or ignored it, rebirth yourself. Awaken and know that the worst of it is over. Know that it was not all for nothing. It was for something. And that ?something?? Is always worth hanging on for.
- One of the hardest lessons I will continue to learn

SLJ OP February 21st, 2015

thanks so much

BlondeVirgo1979 February 21st, 2015

Hi SLJ, I have been where you're at many times. It is very hard to hang on waiting for for the good to make its way back around to you. I am not sure of your circumstances, but I can tell you what has worked for me. First, I think having a strong support network you can turn to is very helpful. I am not close w my family so I turn to my friends. It helps to have someone validate your feelings. Second, I do ALOT of reading. Books, magazines, online, even Pinterest!' If you surround yourself with positivity eventually it will overshadow the darkness. Finally, maybe find yourself a therapist or support group. Being around others is therapeutic. I still get dragged down if I allow myself to spiral. I sometimes have to take things second by second, make it through one second, then the next until it builds into mins, then hours. I think it's wonderful you have reached out here, shows you are strong, open minded, and smart. You don't have to suffer in silence. We all go through this at some point, just for some of us it's more intense. Just remember you are enough, you deserve happiness and you're worth it. XOXO

lucyinthesky2 February 21st, 2015

Hi SLJ, this is what I'm feeling mosts days, just be grateful of your life, you'll feel better :)