Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

not even sure what to say anymore

soccer0624 May 18th, 2016

it's been 2 years living with depression and i still let myself struggle alone. i won't go get help because i'm too afraid. so i suffer in silence. a couple friends try to help but they just don't understand. everything feels so empty and hopeless now. it's rare that i can actually get excited about good things happening. and just when i think things have hit rock bottom they somehow manage to get worse. i still wonder if i'm actually going to make it out of this or not. sometimes i just want it all to be over so i won't have to hurt anymore. even though it's just a constant numbness now. but if it all ends then i won't be a bother to the few people that are still in my life. i'd be lying if i said i hadn't given up. i've given up more times than i thought possible. things seem to be getting better and everything comes crashing down again in a wave of unworthiness and anxiety and hopelessness and doubt and failure and god knows what else. nothing ever gets better. only worse. and worse. and worse.

soccer0624 OP May 18th, 2016

@sitbackrelaxx I was trying to find online therapy earlier because I don't want to go in person, but there isn't anything that is free so I gave up on that. I tend to give up on a lot of things...

heatherh11 May 18th, 2016

@soccer0624

heatherh11 May 18th, 2016

@soccer0624, I know life is really hard right now. Depression is terrible and it squeezes the life out of you. But I want to tell you that there is hope. Your feelings are valid, and not only that: they are important! You are important, and I'm so glad you're alive. If you want to check out the depression guide that could be helpful. If not, please hang in there. You are good, and the world needs you. Feel free to message anyone here if you'd like to talk. We are all here to support you and are rooting for you to get better.

Maggiemay7 May 18th, 2016

@soccer0624 It felt like you took the words out of my mouth. I can relate so much. Dealing with it so long is painful and giving up feels like the only option because I don't believe anything will ever get better for me. Whenever I think about any aspect of my life I am ashamed. Hang in there, you are not alone. Your words meant something to me.