Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What depression feels like for me

CharlieBravo February 15th, 2019

People dont really get me, at all. They dont understand what its like. They think I just feel sad and cry a bit, but its like.....depression for me doesnt feel like anything, its this bleak, dark, numb, nothingness. I know there could be a light at the end of the tunnnel, but I just swallow myself up and drown myself in it and I dnt know why.

quietTurtle7140 February 28th, 2019

@CharlieBravo this is the same how I feel... I feel like people think that depressed ppl cry all day and are sad every time...

AzureWinter February 15th, 2019

@CharlieBravo

I know I can't say anything to change that feeling, or lack thereof that you have. But I want you to know that I feel that too. I may not know how it feels to be going through what you are, and there's no way I will ever feel exactly the same as you, but I do, and I have felt just as you describe. A bleak nothing. I'm sorry you're going through it, it's not fun, it's not simple, and it's not easy to get through. I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel, but right now, I don't know how to see that either, so I will sit with you, metaphorically, and I will stay with you while we wait and work for that light, while we push through. You are so strong, you are so strong for even posting here, but it's okay not to be strong too. You are loved. Stay safe.

CharlieBravo OP February 15th, 2019

@AzureWinter

cant say how much your reply meant. I came on here to try and start having meaningful and deep conversations about my problems with people who feel the same and can appreciate that one of the hardest things is opening up to people

AzureWinter February 28th, 2019

@CharlieBravo

I'm sorry for my late reply, this is the first time I've been on 7cups since the day I replied to your message. Life has been something of a mess, and while that's exactly when I should be on this site, instead it's when I drift away.

Opening up to people is a ridiculously hard thing to do. It's terrifying, and the anxiety you feel while doing it sometimes, seems to make it not even worth the effort. But more often than not, it ends well. Of course, there's going to be the people who don't help at all, but there's also the people who will be there to support you. Deep and meaningful conversations are important. And I know this, and yet, like you say, one of the hardest things is opening up to people, and sometimes it seems as if there's no point, even when that's the very thing that will help.

CharlieBravo OP February 28th, 2019

@AzureWinter

sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I myself have been somewhat inactive. Ive been keeping my mind busy and therefore away from the places I dont want it to go.

starrplatinum February 28th, 2019

Hi. I'm just really broken and sad.

CharlieBravo OP February 28th, 2019

@starrplatinum

Thanks for sharing, I think we can all especially empathize with the phrase โ€˜broken. I spend most of my day thinking about and wondering why I am the way I am. Ive never felt more disconnected from the world around me than just recently. seeing the people I know and used to know getting married and starting families, it puts things firmly into perspective, how different I am from them, how โ€˜broken I am. I know its not the right word to use, and nobody on 7cups is โ€˜broken, you should never think that way, but I know as sure as sh** this isnt what lifes supposed to be like.

Stay strong starrplatinum

AbbyHarris1976 March 1st, 2019

When Im depressed, Im stuck in a dark place. I dont feel like going anywhere because I often feel like no one will want to talk and laugh with me. I often lose my appetite also. Lots of times, I feel despised during these depression episodes though I should have no reason why anyone would hate me.

Thankfully, Im not in this oubliette now but this is what its like for me when Im there.

starrplatinum March 1st, 2019

every moment is painful. I don't know how to "rise above" this.I'm replying in the vain hope I might be able to share my pain with someone else. I think we're all reaching out for anything that might make us feel a tiny bit better. I don't think there is any hope, but I keep wishing there might be.

bountifulHand44 March 10th, 2019

@CharlieBravo I am so sorry to hear that. I think it's difficult for people to understand a feeling that they haven't experienced it before.

We are here to support each other and I think there are people who understand your feelings on 7 cups.

Best wishes !! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

CharlieBravo OP March 11th, 2019

@bountifulHand44

thnx, great to see the support people are willing to offer here. Makes you feel not so alone as you thought you were.

bountifulHand44 March 11th, 2019

@CharlieBravo You are welcome, dear!!

I this life nowadays is very stressful and depressing especially in the cities. I think supporting each other is important for all of us as we live in the same era and the same place.

Take care of yourself, you are important to us!! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

AbbyHarris1976 March 11th, 2019

Okay, I