Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Well today sucks

LorryLulu September 3rd, 2016

Just a foreward, i have bpd, depression and anxiety. In the last four months it's gotten worse.. Anyway

I was fired today. My hours had already been reduced because of my attitude /health/ work quality and today my boss decided to sack me. After telling me that it was all ok.

Now bear in mind guys, I have been circling the drain for some time. In the last few months I started self harming (I'm 30 and this is the first time I have ever done that) my depressive episodes getting worse and thoughts of suicide getting more and more frequent. I have sought help. I had a consultation with the mental health unit a few days ago and looking to start treatment courses soon.

This today is starting to tip me over. Don't get me wrong, I have wanted to leave that job for months now. The stress was getting to me and making my moods much worse. But it's just the way it happened. I have been in tears all day, calling my friends for support and they have been so helpful. But this has put me in a depressed state. I feel lonely and isolated and I just need to be able to talk to someone.

I don't want to sound overdramatic with this post. I just think I need talking and so many hugs..

JamieSclafaniLMSW September 3rd, 2016

@LorryLulu it is okay to lean on support from others during this time. If you h are having thoughts of suicide I can't emphasize enough how important it is to seek help. You can call the suicide hotline for immediate assistance

LorryLulu OP September 3rd, 2016

@Jamie0906 I have been in contact with the emergency service and they have thankfully managed to calm me down

JamieSclafaniLMSW September 3rd, 2016

@LorryLulu that is great to hear:)

Markysim1 September 3rd, 2016

@LorryLulu try to keep Strong, I know it might sound hard to do, but there are lots of support here for u, if u ever need to talk look me up, it may seem like end of the world at the moment but u find things will turn out better than u think, best wishers mark

Mtude September 3rd, 2016

@LorryLulu

You are dealing with so much but it sounds like you are doing all the right things with seeking consultations and treatments, I hope that it helps you to find peace and help you to manage / give you the coping mechanisms to help make these easier to deal. You are never alone on here, there are good listeners on here and all the members I have come across are really supportive too. Group chats have helped me when I have felt completely isolated / abandoned. In my humble member opinion, You are not being over dramatic because your feelings are real to you and they affect you physically and mentally - sending you hugs and hope that you can find some peace of mind whilst on 7cups.

@Mtude thank you, I find it really hard to talk to people face to face and doing to this way seemed logical to me. It even took a hell of a lot to make the first call to a therapist

Mtude September 3rd, 2016

@LorryLulu

You did make the call though, so proud of you ! as it is not easy especially if have social anxiety (part of what I suffer with too). I have found this site so helpful in trying to help keep me grounded and supportive hugs and messages from other members who you can follow and have show in your feed provides a nice boost to your day as well. πŸ™‚

supportivePanda99 September 3rd, 2016

Stay strong! I know the pain you are feeling - we are going to make it through. You deserve happiness.

Thank you so much guys, I definitely feel the love here :-)