Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying to find happiness when I am not.

tinydancer1201 April 12th, 2020

Having to be home all day every day has made me realize just how much I hate myself. I miss being out of the house for 9-10 hours a day, being productive, and having a sense of importance. Now that I'm having to be home 24/7, I'm taking my anger and depression out on my partner and kids. I'm staying in my room for long periods of time. I get annoyed being around any of them for even a few minutes. My partner and I are arguing more frequently. Today is a holiday and all I want to do is sleep and be away from everyone. The things I enjoyed are not enjoyable anymore: food, games, books, shows, and sex. I want so badly to get back to work but I can't b/c of the pandemic. I want my normal life back. I miss having those hours to myself and being able to have the slightest energy to be around my family.

I'm not happy anymore and I sink further into my depression every day. I'm saying things I don't mean to say out loud and it's causing problems for me and my partner. How do I stop being bitchy and start being happy?

Jem7Cups April 14th, 2020

Hi @tinydancer1201,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling such intense emotions 😔 We are living in difficult times, and change is imminent. Perhaps it would be a good idea to speak to a virtual/online professional about how you're feeling. It's good to realise this early on so that you can address it, and get back on track.

Know that we're here for you during this difficult time ❤ Please do reach out if you need to! It's so important for your health.

Jem 💜 (forum supporter)