Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TELL US ALL HOW TO GET UNSTUCK

CoolWinds January 13th, 2020

TELL US ALL HOW TO GET UNSTUCK

This is a great place to share ideas:

Most people who are stuck also have very little money, so they (we) end up with to much time stuck at home thinking to much.

This can go on for weeks, months, or even many tourmenting years of mediocrity, which can lead to very serious depression.

I know this to be a painful fact

Please share ways to get moving and have a night out under $5.00

CoolWinds OP January 16th, 2020

@CoolWinds

.........And the mystery to happiness still eludes

luxx454 January 16th, 2020

@CoolWinds Volunteering is free and a good way to open persepctives and even build meaningful relationships. There are so many ways to volunteer from at parks, animal shelters, tutoring kids, helping foreigners learn english, etc. You can volunteer in something you are interested in and it can get you moving if you want it to.

Explore your city on foot. If you care to look around whether at the trees or people, you can see many stories unfold.

What do you want to do? I'm sure you have the best answer

CoolWinds OP January 16th, 2020

Hi @luxx454,

Thank you for responding. Here comes my *so-called excuses as my well meaning few freinds say to me. What they don't understand is all the words in the world doesnt change the fact that they never take me out for any social activities. Im disabled and stuck at home with zero money. Ive been very optimistic, and those few freinds do mean well, they bring me food and supplies every three months, and the advice never stops coming; but they dont understand the daily physical challenges I have. Its almost like the giving me food and supplies helps them feel good about themselves, which is nice, but they are always saying things like "go fishing" or "go to church" but when i call on Sunday mornings and hint about church, they never have invited me to go with them. I was bought a fishing license and given a fishing pole but i couldnt get anybody to go fishing with me. Im 30 minutes from the city and stuck out in the country. All i have is 7cups and the neighbor's chickens to talk to. Ive contacted social services and offer to volunteer but they just gave me food and forget about me. The system is broken. They give food, but i dont need food. I need to be a part of something. I need to have a way to give of myself or teach my talents to others.

Ive tried for 15 months with an open mind but havent found anybody to come offer me an activity or a way to get involved.

Its almost like the resources they offer are a fasade. Not actually existing. I struggle to walk and do my daily chores, but i keep hearing people talking to me like im well.

They say: get a part time job, or start a business. They continue to make me feel bad and they dont even know it.

When im confined to a wheelchair, will they still continue to make me feel bad?

I try so hard, im upbeat when tbey call, i am at my best hiding my disabilities so i think they dont hear me when im telling them i can barely put on my pants, or i cook sitting on a stool. Im honest about my health but it goes unheard. Its to the point i feel wirse and dread their help. Im always very kind and in no position to tell them they are hurting me, not helping.

Its getting very hopeless trying to find a place to fit in and get help so i can have any sort of social life at all. Im not picky; bingo, crafting, anything at all.

Im a good communicator but getting the kind of help i really need has been impissible and i cannot understand. Cant they see im always offering, always willing yet i never leave my home other than 1 doctor visit ever 2 months, food shopping, and to go pay my rent? Im broke on my budget so tight i go without many things. After rent, medicine, electric, and insurance, i have about $12-$14 left. I cant keep this up much longer, im exhausted, depressed, and have no endurance and struggle to walk. Those are facts, not excuses, and its just sad they seem to call them excuses (maybe it helps them sleep at night) 😔

luxx454 January 18th, 2020

I guess it's easy for us outsiders to not understand what you go through: the pain of trying so hard to be apart of something and telling you oh just volunteer, oh just get a job without realizing you are trying, trying so so hard. And I aplaud you for that and it is understandable that you would feel frustrated in this situation. And perhaps the system is broken and I understand it's hard for you to travel and get around when there's not much money and you are disabled. But if there's one thing I can tell you is keep trying. Yeah, it's hard to face rejection and see that your "friends" are not exactly supporting you, but there's one person that needs to support you and that is you. Because it seems like this world is cruel but you are not only one it has been cruel to, so at the very least try to be kind to yourself. I truly wish you find peace and happiness wherever you are and even if the circumstances do not change I hope at least you keep positive because you are worth it and I hope that you and I can both realize this

gregariousAcai1247 January 16th, 2020

There are many free hobbies (:. I found some that I like just by googling "cheap hobbies." I have a free chess app, duolingo, I learn zentangling on Youtube, and I'm taking a beginner's drawing class on Udemy (during sales season they're only $10 per class and I think they're very high quality)

ouwillbefound January 24th, 2020

@CoolWinds

I know I don't know or fully understand what you're going through, but when I'm depressed and need to feel like a part of something, I need to be with some close friends. I would reccomend inviting friends over and having a board game session. If you don't have any board games you could ask people to bring their favorite game and play those. Anyway, this is just a suggestion, but I did this with my friend and ended up feeling better almost immediately. Sending lots of love your way!heart