Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your medication journey!

masihsamara June 12th, 2017

I would like to hear your journey.

blueocean45 June 20th, 2017

@masihsamara I was on medication when I was a teenager, hated it swore I'd never take any again because I could get through it myself. Flashforward 10 years and I started getting bad panic attacks and decided to try it again. I wish I never went off of it.

Thank you to everyone else who shared.

ladylazarus1971 June 13th, 2017

@masihsamara This is a great idea, and everyone should share.
Please remember though, that mentions of specific medications and/or doages are not permitted by 7 Cups guidelines.
It's perfectly acceptable to discuus generally, and by category of drug, but please don't get more specific than that.
For instance, you can say "My psych doctor prescribed an anti-psychotic med for me, and I had some side effects." Or, "I was prescribed a really high dose of anti-depressant and here's how my body reacted."
If there are any questions about what you can and can't talk about, feel free to tag me in here, and I'll see how I can clarify.

As for me, I have had many experiences with anti-depressants, but they never worked for me in the end, as I was undiagnosed with Bipolar. I hear that happens frequently, and can be dangerous.
What does everyone else think about their meds experiences?

SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES June 14th, 2017

I am quite sure I can sum up my entire experience in two sentences. I have been on 40 different medications since 1995, but not in treatment half of that time.