Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sensitive to Music

FallingCrescent August 1st, 2016

This may sound strange but I'm curious if anyone else deals with this or deals with something similar. When the credits roll for a movie, no matter what movie it is I'll start to feel sentimental. It doesn't even have to be a very heartfelt movie and I'll still feel this way by the end. The music also plays a part I believe. I can't seem to listen to beautiful, sentimental type music where you hear intricate notes from a piano, etc without feeling depressed, thinking about all my problems and especially without feeling lonely

Does anyone else feel this way?

Gubbers August 2nd, 2016

@FallingCrescent

I thought I was the only one, I feel exactly the same and it's very frustrating at times because here I am trying soo hard to just keep myself feeling well and bam!

FallingCrescent OP August 2nd, 2016

@Gubbers

I know right, glad someone feels the same.

PacificSunrise August 1st, 2016

@FallingCrescent I sometimes have music invoke feelings in me. I think that's why happy music makes me happy. There are music that sometimes remind me of certain events like folk music usually reminds of a road trip in the summer. Here's more info on music and emotions. So what you are feeling is perfectly normal.

@PacificSunrise

Thank you. I just find it strange that even peaceful music which is meant to sound happy makes me instead feel sad.

FlowersOfHope August 1st, 2016

@FallingCrescent

Music and scents are envoke very strong emotions in people. Sometimes music can envoke a certain memory. I.e Carnival musiccan envoke memories of visiting a carnival.

@Hopemaybloom

I kind of avoid music that reminds me of memories because a lot of the time I feel sad thinking about them.