Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My 7 Cups Dream Journal

integrityblues April 19th, 2023

Entry 1: The Boxes of Cats

It was a little strange but what I remember most is visiting a house that was in my old neighborhood that I’d recently moved from (it really wasn’t, so dream logic) but I came back to collect something I left or my mother left.

It was very sad and the people who were there now were sort of okay with me wandering around and looking. I kept noticing the signs that I’d once lived there (painted over places that still revealed chipped paint and stuff I recognized from my apartment).

Then I looked beneath a couch or table and found boxes full of kittens. Two boxes were full of meowing kittens in water that the new home owners had no idea were there, and one more box held a very dead cat that was an older one from a previous litter. All of the kittens were starving without their mother and I knew that it was the reason why the older one passed.

The new owners suddenly smelled the dead cat and I took it upon myself to get rid of it. When I came back an hour later all of the kittens were gone, and when I was walking past another house I could see all the kittens. They’d all grown up into adult cats!

integrityblues OP April 20th, 2023

Entry 2: Mom

It was pretty confusing, but I think it was about my Mom and siblings. Just interacting with her and maybe dancing around the fact that something happened.

Ugh, it was pretty fragmented because I kept waking up and falling back asleep!

bestVase7265 April 22nd, 2023

I don't remember any of my dreams so you are lucky. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP April 22nd, 2023

Mine can be pretty vivid, though sometimes they can a bit fragmented.

bestVase7265 April 23rd, 2023

I hope that your daytime is going well too. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP April 23rd, 2023

Thanks, bestVase. I’m doing as well as I can, taking it one day at a time!

bestVase7265 April 24th, 2023

Sounds beautiful! @integrityblues

dapperPark8808 May 23rd

Hello

integrityblues OP May 23rd

Hi?

integrityblues OP April 21st, 2023

Entry 3

I was very busy, then got very upset with myself when I realized I’d left some frozen turkey burgers on my counter and they’d thawed out all night. I woke up in the middle of trying to look up if it was still safe to cook them.

bestVase7265 April 22nd, 2023

Interesting dream. I love cats. Any dream about kittens sounds good.@integrityblues

integrityblues OP April 23rd, 2023

It may not have started awesome but the kittens were okay in the end even if they did magically grow into adult cats!

integrityblues OP April 26th, 2023

Entry 4: I’m an Airbender

(So yeah, this was a weird one! I haven’t watched The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra in awhile, I swear!)

I discovered a community of what I can only describe as airbenders. It was really cool but to stay there I had to practice and have a teacher. My main problem was I didn’t have any airbending! I ended up messing up my tests and getting help from another person who knew I was a fake. I ended up sort of getting it when I started doing some Tai Chi and produced better results.

bestVase7265 April 27th, 2023

Maybe it was telling you to do more Tai Chi. I would love to do that sometime! @integrityblues

integrityblues OP April 27th, 2023

It was interesting because it incorporated fluid motions. I really should do more Tai Chi, but I’ve been so worn out after Monday’s physical therapy.

integrityblues OP April 28th, 2023

Entry 5: Left behind

I was living with my family at an old motel we stayed at while homeless. I had to go to an appointment somewhere that I thought was with a therapist.

I had that appointment and called an Uber. I was picked up by the elderly couple driving the Uber and we began going in the wrong direction. They assured me that there was a second passenger to pick up, so I didn’t argue.

We arrived at a college campus to pick up the other person but he was hard to find. I ended up walking out on the campus to see if he’d been held up or something. I quickly got lost on the campus, only getting out in time to see my Uber zooming away.

I got lost again while trying to find my way home. It was hot and upsetting, and I began sobbing uncontrollably. The dream ended when I ran into my therapist again.

bestVase7265 April 29th, 2023

That one sounds like it was stressful. We all get overwhelmed with appointments sometimes. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP April 29th, 2023

Yep. The problem was that I totally understood where so was and how to get back, but every time I tried I’d somehow get lost and have to start over.

integrityblues OP April 29th, 2023

Entry 6: Spine surgery

(This wasn’t a graphic dream about the surgery.)

I was having lots of back pain in the dream and ended up going to a doctor about it. It lead to me having to prepare for a surgery to remove something from my spine.

I had been completely fine with the idea before I had to do it, but literally the second I put on the gown and got on the operating table I changed my mind. I began to argue that I could deal with this without the surgery, I was just frightened of being operated on.

integrityblues OP April 30th, 2023

Entry 7: The Party

I was invited to a party and had to solve puzzles and avoid traps that would lead to me dying or getting hurt. I mean, I kind of died my first trip through but restarted the event like I was using a second life in a video game.

That was great because I got to avoid lots of the traps and the people there who wanted me to die and stuff.

I think the worst that happened was getting hit with a tranquilizer dart a few times, messing up while unlocking a door and hurting my fingers, and then running the heck away to only have the party show up wherever I’d run off to!

bestVase7265 May 2nd, 2023

That one sounds kind of fun.@integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 2nd, 2023

Oddly enough it sort of was!

bestVase7265 May 3rd, 2023

Dreams aren't always bad things. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 3rd, 2023

Yeah, that’s true.

integrityblues OP May 6th, 2023

Entry 8: Back to School

I was going to classes again, but I’d been doing terribly in a class I didn’t really like. We were preparing for a final that I was sure I’d fail, leading me to repeat the class.

I spent a good portion of the dream deciding if I should repeat the course and apply for more financial aid.

I have been worrying about finances lately.

bestVase7265 May 7th, 2023

So sorry about the finance worries. Those kinds of things do come out in dreams sometimes. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 7th, 2023

That’s okay.

My mom has suggested I just move in with her when I can’t pay my rent here any longer, and she then suggested she’d be more willing to accept my help if I was there. That she’d spoken with my aunt about it too (which I find kind of annoying).

I’m not inclined to live with my mom because I value my independence so much and there’s lots of things I won’t be able to control like sudden visits from my younger sister and her abusive boyfriend, who my mom previously would let sleep on her floor sometimes or interfere with her life in general. Sure, she says she’s not going to let that happen anymore but I have my doubts.

I just had to assure her that I’m staying here for as long as I can afford my rent while I also try to pay off a credit card.

I had to calm her down because she thought I was thinking of moving soon- I mean when she brought it up recently I did look around her area for an affordable place but had no luck, so I’m less inclined to agree to her offer if I can’t even get something for myself that’s closer.

bestVase7265 May 8th, 2023

It sounds like you are doing some good thinking. Have your mom as a distant backup. You deserve that independence.

You will figure things out. Have you been able to look at any short term proofreading kinds of things lately?@integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 8th, 2023

Unfortunately, I haven’t. I have a bad habit of ignoring one objective in favor of another…like seeing to mental/emotional/physical health or helping my mom.

My mom just has a way of getting me even more nervous about a situation by assuming her reaction and my reaction are the same. I feel like I’ll be okay for a year, maybe a little more unless rents go up faster then they did the last few years.

I’m of the opinion that it’s kind of silly to worry about it until it’s actually happened, but heck it just shows up in my dreams because that’s just my brain reinterpreting what happened that day.

bestVase7265 May 9th, 2023

Yes, moms can do that and lots of things appear in dreams that we really don't need to worry about.

I hope that you had a good day! @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 9th, 2023

Aw, thanks bestVase! My day was very tiring so I’m resting and reading books!

bestVase7265 May 9th, 2023

Perfect @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 10th, 2023

Entry 9: New tenants/ family living with me

It sort of started with my younger sister living with me. It was very stressful but I told her to just not mess anything up while I was outside, then got confused because I had a new neighbor living in one of the apartments and she had so many children running around!

It suddenly got really dark, so when I was coming back from throwing out the trash I noticed that her kids had broken several of their toys and left them on the stairs.

I cleared them away and told the lady that I could drag out my hose later to clean the rest of the mess up. She assured me that she had one and would take care of it herself.

I was a little miffed that someone else had a hose, then woke up.

integrityblues OP May 11th, 2023

Entry 10: Book Review/ Back to Work

I was describing the plot of the latest book I’m reading. It was funny because was trying to explain to my mother why certain plot twists worked.

I also began going to work at my old job, but I was working undercover! It was so weird because I realized I was only there to investigate another employee who was awful at her job.

integrityblues OP May 13th, 2023

Entry 11: Video Game Hunting

I spent some time searching for video games for my mother to play online that she used to love on her phone but couldn’t play on a phone for some reason.

The one she loved most was called “Searching for it” (or something) and it was an 8-bit game about a person collecting items and fitting into mazes by growing extra appendages.

I was mostly trying to make sure that the websites were safe, but I also kept finding fake versions of her game called “Finding It!”

integrityblues OP May 16th, 2023

(I tried posting this one yesterday but it wasn’t working, so have a double entry)

Entry 12: more kittens

I was living with my mom and dad. My younger sister and her ex showed up and brought kittens, so many kittens that I was rushing around sealing up holes in the house where even more kittens were entering.

I got so overwhelmed I began to cry. The ex thought it was okay to try licking my tears away like an animal, so I began hitting him. I drove them out of the house, picking up as many kittens as possible and making them take them away. I turned to my parents and asked them why they didn’t do anything but they said nothing.

Entry 13: Another bedroom

My aunts came over to help me with something and kept asking about my bedroom. I got confused because I live in a studio so I sleep in the big front room, but as they kept asking I finally looked around (going down the short hall where my bathroom is) and found a whole bedroom that my mother stayed in for a month before leaving. It was interesting because that was referencing another dream I had a month or two ago.

bestVase7265 May 17th, 2023

Interesting kitten dream. I love cats but I can easily see a dream where they would become overwhelming. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 17th, 2023

I usually like kittens too, but the way they were framed in the dream as unwanted gifts made it all so strange. They were so defenseless and I couldn’t care for all of them, and then needed to take control of the household because my parents weren’t doing anything about it.

I guess it’s a dream about having to grow up quickly and be an adult?

bestVase7265 May 18th, 2023

Maybe. We all get overwhelmed by responsibilities sometimes. @integrityblues

integrityblues OP May 19th, 2023

Entry 14: Weird Nightmare

So I was living with someone as a roommate and they were a bit unhinged- they were decorating their face in a mask made of food and covering their entire car in a meal. The second I said I wanted to leave, I was knocked unconscious and then vaguely tortured for their amusement. (I say vaguely because I could only recall the hurt but not what was happening, aside from a scary looking injection that made me think my legs were gone.)

As if any of that wasn’t weird enough, my roommate’s husband suddenly revealed that he was the Norse god Odin and I oddly felt betrayed.

I sort of had my own Star Wars: Episode lll Revenge of the Sith moment but I didn’t have a lightsaber battle or bother to exclaim over a Chosen One.