Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Me vs Depression

goldenPalm71 January 30th, 2017

Hey guys :)

I really had to fight my depression today. I didn't sleep very well last night and I was a mess in the morning, I felt like staying in bed for the rest of the day, surrounded by my negative thoughts and so on.

Then I ate 2 apples of my favorite kind, very sweet and juicy, and some tangerines. :) I felt better after, I was quite thristy and that was probably contributing to my bad mood.

I slowly started to do.... things. Small steps, one thing at the time. I put my notes in order for the next exam, I checked facebook. Nothing too hard. I studied for 2 h then I took a walk and it was one of my best decision ever. I reallly really needed fresh air.

I went to the gym although today was supposed to be a rest day ( I'm addicted laugh for me it's hard not to go there). All I did was pilates and stretching but it was wayyy better than spending the whole day in my room or worse, in my bed.

At the end of the day, I can say I managed to study and have a pretty normal day despite my depression and all my dark thoughts. I did it on my own but there's nothing wrong with seeking help.

That wasn't the first nor the last day I had to fight my depression, but I know I can handle it and I will be fine no matter what. And so will you!

If you're going through something similar, please let me know and let's help each other out, share your story. And never ever lose hope. heart

Shadeshack February 4th, 2017

@goldenPalm71 I'm so proud of you! Keep fighting! I'm fighting as well, we can do this!

goldenPalm71 OP February 4th, 2017

@Shadeshack Thanks! Stay strong heart

QuietMuse February 1st, 2017

@goldenPalm71 Hey there! I hope you'll be able to overcome your depression and I've been trying to conquer my depression as well. I've been struggling to get back my motivation since I've just been feeling really numb to everything and my social anxiety adds to the weight in my heart since I've been feeling like nobody cares, but reading your post really cheered me up because I know I'm not facing this alone. I hope everything gets better and thanks for giving me hope! :)

JessicaMcDanielLPC February 1st, 2017

@QuietMuse

Activities are SO important, even if you have to force, drag, and pull yourself out of that black hole to do them. Exercise, socialize, be productive (groceries!) and at the end of the day the depression has less power over you.

And that's what it's all about.

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile

@QuietMuse hey! You're a fighter, I'm glad it cheered you up a little. :) You can send me a message if you're ever feeling down, I know how bad it can get.

Emily619 February 4th, 2017

You're such a brave and lovely person, so, so courageous heart You're a warrior!

@Emily619 thanks, Emily! heart

ErikHelps13 February 4th, 2017

I've been clean for 5 days, and only 5 days because sometimes depression gets the best of me. I relapsed after 4 months of being clean, so I hope to do even better this time, and stay clean for at least 6 months if not forever.

@ErikHelps13 Clean, you mean not depressed? If that's what you mean, 4 months is impressive, I could never do it

ErikHelps13 February 4th, 2017

@goldenPalm71 Nah, I mean of cutting.

@ErikHelps13 Oh I see :/ then I also hope you'll stay clean

JessicaMcDanielLPC February 4th, 2017

@ErikHelps13

Stay strong, we believe you can do it!

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile