Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Life is like a waterfall...

adaptablehouse7827 June 8th, 2017

Always going downward, deeper into despair, occasionally hitting a few rocks that make it splash up here and there to make you think things might get better or that they might start to go your way for once but just as the water is tossed up slightly, it is just followed by an even greater fall.

optimisticEars June 8th, 2017

@adaptablehouse7827 Hello! This is a beautiful simile, but I'm sorry if this is how you feel about life. Life can get difficult, in fact, it is difficult for everyone at some point in their lives. Sometimes when we're in a bad spot it can feel like a series of waterfalls, but eventually we get to a level body of water. It's not easy to see good outcomes when so many of them have been bad, but there will always be good outcomes! We live in a world where everyone experiences some bad AND good. The way I like to think of it is that when things are going really bad, something good is due to happen shortly. Keep your head up. Try to come up with at least one positive meaning for everything unpleasant that happens. For example: Someone gets fired from their job. It might suck that they got fired from their job because they may have to worry about finances and frankly, maybe they really enjoyed their job, BUT this gives them an opportunity to reflect on the job and apply to jobs that they will enjoy more and make more money doing etc.

adaptablehouse7827 OP June 8th, 2017

@optimisticEars sometimes there is no happy ending, some times there are no breaks or good times, just one pile of crap after another until one decides that they are just tired of clinging on to false hope.

Glue June 12th, 2017

@adaptablehouse7827 I should use a simile like this one in one of my poems sometime. Beautiful!

talktomeok June 15th, 2017

@adaptablehouse7827 Its interesting how you choose water as your metaphore to talk about how you feel. Cause water is the source of life, and water is whats making the plants grow. I understand that sometimes when can feel like life is going downhill, but that is when we can ask for help to other people. If you need help you can pm me . laugh