Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just when things are looking up...

Melloncollie1985 April 12th, 2016

Life is just hitting me hard today. I had an opportunity for what i thought was a better job. I called to schedule my interview (which is on mon) they informed me that it wont be full time. I wont leave a full time job for a part time job. Im just really upest that i finally get an opportunity/glimpse of hope and the rug is pulled from under me. I feel like i could be doing so much more in life. I just dont know how to start or what exactly i want to do. I fell like my life is ar a stand still. What do i do!?

BestIcanbe April 12th, 2016

@Melloncollie1985

Neat name! Though I hope you're not melancholy? Not all the time anyway......

Re the job. Reason I'm replying is because I was in a very similar situation several years ago. An opportunity for a better job came up, I was so full of hope, but it was part time. How was I to pay the bills? My question to you would be, how much do you want it? What risks are you prepared to take? Life doesn't always have a habit of unfolding easily ahead of us......sometimes it challenges us. But could this job be a stepping stone? Short term pain, long term gain?

In my case, I took the job. I found another flexible post to shore up my income, and gained six months of really valuable experience. And then I got a far, far better, full time position, that I would never have got without that interim post.

My point is, this could be a stepping stone. So look for the opportunity in it too, as well as the obvious drawbacks. And it may be that it's still not for you. But don't forget to open your mind to possibilities, and never lose that hope. Best of luck to you :)