Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m trying, it’s not working

Grey27 May 22nd, 2021

I tried to see a therapist regularly for the past few months. I even met with a psychiatrist - and medications scare me. I’m really trying to open up this time, and put down the walls I’ve built up. But it’s just not working - it’s making me feel worse. I’m just always fighting this alone. I know progress isn’t linear but why does it feel like I’m plummeting? Honestly, being able to post on here anonymously brings me more relief 🥲 💙 [Thank you all for helping me through a hard time while I’m finding my way.]

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 22nd, 2021

Awh hey @Grey27 , depression is a struggle , the fact that you are accepting the need, and wanting to make a change and get past through this time is so very commendable.

Meds are scary , and it's hard with professional too, it does feel like there is no progress but you're trying , you took a step towards the change ...that's certainly some progress, your aware what's happening , and you're trying your best to overcome , to be more open... that's progress too ...it must be incredibly hard to share your struggles with someone , and be open to help ...but you're doing that as well ... that's a huge progress tooo.

From where I see , I see strength, I seee resilience, I see courage and most importantly I see Hope ...hope for a better tomorrow , you are trying your best, and that does make a difference , healing is a process, it will take time ... and you can always go through things, at your pace !

It's so nice to hear you feel a little relieved in sharing things anonymously here, whatever helps ...helps....hang in tight !! You really got this , someday soon... it has to be better ! ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 22nd, 2021

Awh hey @Grey27 , depression is a struggle , the fact that you are accepting the need, and wanting to make a change and get past through this time is so very commendable.

Meds are scary , and it's hard with professional too, it does feel like there is no progress but you're trying , you took a step towards the change ...that's certainly some progress, your aware what's happening , and you're trying your best to overcome , to be more open... that's progress too ...it must be incredibly hard to share your struggles with someone , and be open to help ...but you're doing that as well ... that's a huge progress tooo.

From where I see , I see strength, I seee resilience, I see courage and most importantly I see Hope ...hope for a better tomorrow , you are trying your best, and that does make a difference , healing is a process, it will take time ... and you can always go through things, at your pace !

It's so nice to hear you feel a little relieved in sharing things anonymously here, whatever helps ...helps....hang in tight !! You really got this , someday soon... it has to be better ! ❤

Grey27 OP May 25th, 2021

Thank you @Sunisshiningandsoareyou 🙏 I know I need to practice being more gentle with myself - and that this is all a part of my healing process. Thank you for understanding and taking the time to respond. Sometimes it’s difficult to see our own progress - and I appreciate you identifying several points for me. I truly appreciate it. Wishing you the best 💙

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 25th, 2021

@Grey27

Awh, that's definitely something to practice more of, being gentle and kind to self and believe in yourself, I get that it's easier said than done though...so yes ofcourse , you have all the time , please do take as much you need , at your pace and comfort.

Absolutely no mention, sometimes we do forget to praise ourselves or even to acknowledge for how far we've managed to come , it's okay and also sometimes needed to hear from someone else that we really are trying our best, and each step counts for something... just have to take one step forward and pause in between , once a while for a gentle pat on your back , for making it through and keeping it going on !

You've got this, and there's no rush, healing is a process, and you're doing Amazing , taking your steps on the way ! ❤

thankyou for the wishes too 😊

wishfulRose80 May 26th, 2021

Thank you for sharing and bring open with us here. I know, its really hard, especially when you suffer with depression and things just don't seem like they are getting better. You are not alone in this, friend. Let's get through it one day at a time. Please feel free to watch this video for encouragement: https://youtu.be/6a1p1_jzM14

Grey27 OP May 28th, 2021

Hi @wishfulRose80 thank you for your comment! It’s helpful to know I’m not alone and others can relate. Some days it’s difficult to get through even one day, but you are right, taking things day by day really helps me to stay present. Thank you for the video and wishing you the best 💙

amiableBlackberry92 May 29th, 2021

Dear @Grey27....I had a similar feeling about being on meds for my depression. I fought it tooth and nail until my sister begged me to try them because I was suicidall at that time. But I have to say I'm alot better 3 years later still on meds going to therapy and fighting my battle to find peace within. It is a daily battle, some days are easier than others. Today I'm in the dark so to speak. I'm just trying hard to stay busy and get through it. You're not alone and I'm so grateful to have 7 cups to turn to on days when I'm not good. Your so great to post your struggles here because it helps ppl like me. I don't feel so alone here. Thanks for sharing.💜 ABB