Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m nobody’s person

orangePerson4161 November 7th, 2022

I’m in a constant belief that I’m not anybodys person. What I mean by that is I’m in peoples lives but I’m not their person. Everyone around me has other people. I have no family, very little friends, no coworkers due to my work. The relationships I have, they have other people. They have people to make plans with. They have people to count on. I have nobody. How do I navigate life feeling like this ?

jonathanaustin November 8th, 2022

I understand this, I am currently going through the same thing. I Wish I could give you an answer but i too am trying to figure it out :( Thank your for posting this, happy to know I’m not alone feeling this way.

bestVase7265 November 8th, 2022

You are doing a good job in trying to process things here. I am not sure that any of us really has a "person". Other people's lives look much more perfect on the outside than they really are.

But I am sure you are feeling considerable loneliness. What kinds of things do you do when that feeling happens? @orangePerson4161

orangePerson4161 OP November 8th, 2022

Are there things you would suggest doing when feeling like this? To be completely honest, I just cry.

bestVase7265 November 9th, 2022

First you give yourself room to cry on occasion. It is okay and normal.

Then you start to slowly develop a plan to care for yourself and reach out at the same time.

What kinds of hobbies do you have and things that you like to do? Sometimes there are groups that you can join of likeminded people that grow your friend circle a bit.

Make sure that you are eating okay and getting outside if you can. Those things help too.

Finally, remind yourself that you are headed in the right direction just by being here. If you want support, I will send a quick message to any of your replies almost any night. @orangePerson4161