Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't see a point

FranklyMaple February 1st, 2018

My depression and anxiety have gotten so much worse in this year. I am constantly moving because of my parents' job and I keep getting ripped away from my best friends. It's so hard and horrible to make new friends and settle down every year. I have social anxiety disorder and making new friends for me is like facing a hurricane.

I thought that I had a good friend, but it turns out she doesn't even want to talk to me. I feel so hopeless.

Everyone is so much better than me at everything. No one truly cares about me and no one ever will. I'm just not good enough. I just don't see a point in me being alive.

sincereWillow427 February 1st, 2018

@FranklyMaple

I completely understand how you feel. We've finally settled in our new home, but it's so far away from my old apartment that I rarely see any of my friends, even at school.

It gets so lonely, and I feel awful all the time, but I've started taking a walk just up and down my block every few days, just to breathe and get out of the stifling atmosphere at home. It seems to really help with warding away those kinds of intrusive negative thoughts.

Maybe you could try something like that if you can, every once and a while, or even just watch the sun set out of a window, just to feel more connected to the world outside and all around you.