Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Has this happened to anyone before?

gentleOrange April 25th, 2020

Sometimes this happens to me when I'm feeling a certain way and I don't know what the feeling is what this means. I was just taking a shower after doing absolutely nothing all day, I felt lethargic and my mind was completely stressed but my body wouldn't move so I felt like crap all day.

During my shower I sat down and stared at the wall and everything seemed to disappear and I felt almost disconnected from reality. Like a heightened awareness almost, I'm not sure how to put it into words but I felt like I was connected to the universe and was able to see the entire big picture and that all of this means nothing. Like everything just seemed blank and quiet but also peaceful? I was able to easily snap myself out of it when I wanted to but it was nice to explore that for a bit. Has this happened to anyone before and if so what the heck happened just now?

Jem7Cups April 25th, 2020

@gentleOrange

Yes! You're not alone! I get these episodes a lot and I was diagnosed with DPDR 😭 It's horrible and I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy. Please stay strong 🙏🏻 We're here for you ❤️

Jem 🌼 (Anxiety & Depression forum supporter)

gentleOrange OP April 26th, 2020

@Jem7Cups thank you for sharing!! I don't feel scared or anything, more like happy and relaxed when this happens. Would they still be the same thing?

Jem7Cups April 26th, 2020

@gentleOrange

It can be the same thing yeah ☺️

ESTEF April 28th, 2020

@gentleOrange

yeah, it has happened to me, at first it is scary but then peace... :)

ButterfleeDreamers April 28th, 2020

@gentleOrange

Yes, back in the times, water made me feel that detached and free...I wish she woould one day come back to me, even for a brief moment...water...

Goldcherry2113 April 28th, 2020

This happens to me sometimes. It's scary and unnerveing. You are not alone my friend and you are not crazy!