Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Happiness... Is it temporary?

xLoneWolfx May 5th, 2016

I was happy for the past few days. Even i cannot believe it. At fist I thought, I was just not sad. But no, it was different. That feeling of warmth, contentment, peace.. That suddenly mornings were not as bad afterall. That light feeling. It was very unfamiliar, yet so.. so.. I cant find words to describe. Amazing? Awesome? Those words are not enough.

But then suddenly. At one quiet moment... The sadness... The loneliness... The hurt... The darkness... Those chest cramps... That awful feeling you've been desperately running away from but can't seem to shake it off.. Its all starting to creep back. Just like that... Once again, you are back inside the cage you've built for yourself. Cold, dark and alone.

Why? Why can't I just be happy? Why would I even be happy, when I would just feel this way again? I was so afraid, I knew at that moment that happiness is slipping away... But still I cannot prevent it. I cannot hold on from it. Was it just a glimpse of a fantasy..? A happiness that is temporary?

Weed May 5th, 2016

@xLoneWolfx, what the above reply shares is a very powerful insight of balance in the world, and I totally agree with it,

But I would like to add in my opinion,

First you have to realise where does happiness comes from? It comes from you, have positive thoughts, an unyielding courage, and a full belief in yourself, I have seen people happy even in their toughest times of life,

You have to remember this, though you may think small changes matters not, it matters very much, if you think now you will be happy, you will be happy, you will find reasons to be happy, because you know you will be happy,

So, positive thoughts, reject negative thoughts as soon as they arise, have a smile on your face, even if you don't feel very happy right now, try to smile, in a moment you will start feeling a little happiness,

Try to add some productive hobbies in your life, the first time I made a game, it was a maze game, a real simple one, it took me whole three days,mouth the happiness of a creation I made, was immense,

i wish you you good luck,

live4logan May 5th, 2016

@xLoneWolfx

Unfortunately the world is based off of opposites. To know great happiness, one must experience great sadness.

The good thing here, is that you felt it.. You know what it is and it was good. It will give the drive needed to move forward and to feel it again. The idea is that the more happiness you have the more you will get.

Take this moment, while it fresh.. and find what was it that made you so happy. What did you do that caused this euphoria, and start figuring out how doing more of that!

Knowing that happiness exists is the first step..

summertrouble May 6th, 2016

Im 6mons clean and Im so happy and kind of a big deal for me. then this two months, I feel miserable and stupid. Like I was the most stupid because of my face,my voice and my body..I dont know, I just dont know at all. I wanna end everything

igetcha May 6th, 2016

@summertrouble I'm really sorry you feel that way. I'm here if you wanna talk. You accomplished something big. It doesn't always feel good but overall you'll feel better after than you did before. You just sometimes feel worse 1st

igetcha May 6th, 2016

@xLoneWolfx I feel ya. Any idea what made you happy? My friend has the perfect quote. Not sure where he found it. "Inspiration, like bathing, doesn't last forever. That's why we recommend it daily."