Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Crying 😭

Sunny0611 April 26th, 2021

Does anybody else think their crying is becoming a problem. I cry multiple times a day. Different things set me off. People being mean, people being kind, compliments, when someone doesn’t understand me, when I get frustrated at work. Sometimes tears roll down my face and I have no idea why 😅 I can’t help but be embarrassed and feel weak, especially when I’m bursting into tears in professional settings. My partners family call me over emotional and I’m to nice for my own good. I am on antidepressants. I don’t want to up my dose if I can avoid it as when I do I feel numb. Does anyone else feel like this? Any advice on how to work on it?

DaisyBeeBlooming April 27th, 2021

@Sunny0611 Hello there, I am so sorry to read this but it is highly relatable and understandable. I have had crying spells in the past that were worrisome but I knew why. I am on antidepressants as well but I still have good and bad days. When I first started antidepressants, my moods were shifting pretty hard and I was crying a bit but once it got in my system, my moods were a little better. I have had to switch out meds due to side effects and if what you are taking is making you worse, listen to your body. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and what you are experiencing. You may need to be prescribed something else. I have made the mistake of thinking I could do just fine without taking antidepressants. I went 1 year off meds, I was no okay at all. Antidepressants + Talk Therapy= Improvement in Mental Health. It's when you get to the bottom of what's really causing your tears is when you start solving the problem. I hope this helps.Try to find things that are comforting to you like a pillow, heating pad or soft blanket. I send you warm hugs, lots of love and comfort🌻

3 replies