Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Birthday Depression

boldBlake91 November 13th, 2015

Hello everyone. This is very unfortunate for me to be writing this but I really felt like I needed to talk to someone. Today is my birthday and I'm feeling really depressed right now. I don't have any friends to celebrate with and it has been this way for the past three years. I feel like I'll never have any friends to celebrate with. I honestly wish I didn't have a birthday sometimes. crying

GiuliaSt November 13th, 2015

I would like to live in the same city as you, go to your house and give you tighter and loving embrace you've ever received. I would take a cake, probably buy it, because I never tried to bake a cake and I'm currently powerless to try something new. But buy the best cake you can imagine. But as I don't live, you shoulded know that you have someone who supports you from afar and wishes that you have many more birthdays. Don't give up, I'm going to need you in mine.

boldBlake91 OP November 13th, 2015

@GiuliaSt Thanks Giulia. That means a lot to me. Hugs.

discreetAcres6234 November 13th, 2015

It's horrible to feel this way. I know because this has basically been my life.

It's very lonely when you feel like your birth isn't significant to anyone. But it's not true, you do matter. I care. I want to celebrate your birthday with you. Everyone deserves to be celebrated and you're no exception to that.

I actually celebrated my birthday for what felt like the first time this year. I can't say I felt happy but at least I felt more appreciated and less alone in the company of people who I hadn't seen in a while.

I hate imagining others feeling the way I feel when it comes to events like this. It's such a sad thought. But you are cared about and things will change eventually. And if there is no one to celebrate with then celebrate yourself. Do something nice for yourself. Go somewhere nice. Treat yourself the way you would want others to treat you.

You feel alone but you're not destined to feel this way forever. Sometimes we have to do nice things for ourselves until we find people who we have a meaningful connection with. It's not easy, especially when you feel hopeless and depressed, but it gets easier.

So happy birthday to you :) I'm glad you came here so we can celebrate your existence together like this. Now eat some cake and try to find something enjoyable to do! It's your special day! It's all about you! :)

Lots of love - DA