Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introduce yourself.

rnellz January 23rd, 2015

Hi my name is Bec.
I have been suffering since I was 14.
Everyday is a struggle and recovery is a life long journey

Sugarpond June 27th, 2015

Hello my name is Denise :) i am currently suffering from "kids leavingthe nest" syndrome or depression....any advice or help :)

WhisperingTree798 June 27th, 2015

hi, i'mjasonand i love to talk to people. I'm interested in animals and the ocean. i want to visit another country someday. also I'm new to this site, so hello there.

CodyC1992 June 27th, 2015

Hi my name is Cody. I've been suffering from depression for about a year and a half. I feel, as of late, that it's only gotten worse. My "family" think that I'm overthinking it, I'm not. I don't have support at home, they think I'll be fine a week from now, I never am. I've never been taken seriously. I'm in the deepest hole I've ever been in, I can't find a job, people don't have faith in me and on top of all of this I'm about 80 lbs overweight. I cry everyday hoping my pain will just flow away with the tears, it doesn't. I've never poured my guts out like this before. I always had to much pride, but I'm desperate.

TropicalMoo22 June 28th, 2015

Hi, my name's Rory, I'm 17 and from Ireland. I've been dealing with depression for the last year. I've overcome a lot of the biggest issues like self-harm and suicidal thoughts, now it's more anxiety I have to deal with. I'm still in school and I'm worried about going to college next year. My self-esteem is also still really low.

bringmethemilky June 28th, 2015

Hey I'm also from Ireland my names becky and I suffer from ocd and depression. I have self harmed for 5/6 years and if you ever need to talk I'm here

amethystturtle9 June 28th, 2015

Hi my name is Eve, I am nineteen and about to start my third year of college. I struggle with depression and anxiety, both of which run in both of my parent's families. Sometimes I feel guilty about my depression, like my life hasn't been hard enough or I haven't gone through enough to technically be depressed, even though I know it is genetic. I try to be a positive person but my depression often gets the better of me. This past winter was the worst I have ever been, which is why I signed up for this website. I don't ever want to feel that bad again. I want to meet more people who know what I am going through. You are all so brave and so strong just for posting here

amethystturtle9 June 28th, 2015

Eating has also become an issue for me lately. It isn't a disorder yet and I want to think it won't be, that this is just because I am a college student with strange food habits. But I also know myself and know that this could be the beginning of something worse

GreenTrowel6 June 28th, 2015

Hello world. I'm a 22 year old who just graduated from college. I have a history of depression, anxiety, addictive behavior, and suicidal thoughts. My relationship of three and a half years ended a month ago and all of those problems rushed back into my life. They've always been there but they only came out during periods of high stress. Now they are constant companions. I've recently moved and don't have any friends here. I've tried online dating sites to meet new people but it's been almost completely unsuccessful. This constant rejection has only multiplied the problem. I came here because I think talking to people is better medicine than pills, substance abuse, or paying a professional tons of money. I'm looking forward to connecting with other people who understand how I feel.

sympatheticDime768 June 28th, 2015

Hey GreenTrowel6, I was going to make a post introducing myself first, but after I read yours I realized that our problems are pretty similar, I am 21, my relationship of 4 years ended about four months ago, and the pain is still a constant companion. I won't say I know exactly how you feel, but I can guess. If it's anything like what am feeling then its quite unpleasent, but I've had many conversations on here, and read many articles about breakups online, and I think that with time it's possible that the pain will dissapate. I'm always on this site (I had another account before this one) so if you ever want to talk just let me know.

GreenTrowel6 June 28th, 2015

Hi SympatheticDime, I appreciate you reaching out to me. I'd love to talk and we can both vent about what happened.

atomicangel June 29th, 2015

Hi;I'm Isaac and I'm (almost) 16. I am not good at introductions at all, and I never know what I want to write. My depression keeps me from doing a lot of things daily, causing my family and friends to view me as lazy or uninterested. I'm extremely empathetic, though, and don't want to cause negative feelings for everyone, so thisonly ends up upsetting me further. I wish I could help all the people I love overcome their struggles as best as I can, but it's getting harder and harder to do this when I don't even want to leave my bed. I'm distancing myself from the people I love and the activities I love to do, and it's quite an upsetting experiencefor me. I know that my life can get better and I can havea wonderful and successful future, but I feel like I'm wasting my days away and sometimes I doubt if I will ever make it to that future. I wish I could give away my good opportunities to the less fortunate, because I'm not even using what I have to its full potential and I feel terrible for that. I also feel guilty for making this such along introduction,even though I know in reality none of you should really mind all that much, since this is why this site was created. I'll end this by saying that I hope you all find things to smile about today.

Aceventura1368 June 30th, 2015

Hi Isaac. My name's Theo & I'm in my 40's. When I read ur intro I could see that depression has a few common symptoms. Staying in bed, all the guilt & hopelessness are all very common. Have u seen ur local doctor to tell him about it? I'm sure if u do the GP will be able to give u clear steps on a road to recovery. Depression is a disease & as with all diseases, if they are treated correctly, it will go. And you've got an untold advantage... you're so young! Now that's something to smile about. Will check in a few days mate.

atomicangel June 30th, 2015

Hi Theo, thank you so much for commenting! You're right; I should definitely tell a doctor. It'll take a lot of courage to bring it up to my parents, of course, because I don't want to worry them, but I know they'll be glad I opened up to them about it. And I do have a lot of my life left to go, with so many possibilities. Thank you again!

neonAvocado9652 June 29th, 2015

Hi! I am Heidi. I am new to 7 Cups. I am here to try to find someone to talk to and listen. I am struggling with depression and have quite a few things going on in my life that I am having trouble juggling. I was on medication however in the last two months went off of them (with my doctor's guidance) when things seemed to be looking up. I have a new job and will soon be relocating. I also have a long distance boyfriend. These are all good things but I find myself falling apart when I should be excited. I feel so sad sometimes and other times I am okay. I just want someone to talk to ... so I don't feel so alone.

littlespoopy June 30th, 2015

Hello everyone, I'm Cady. I'm almost eighteen and I live in the United States. I've been dealing with depression for almost two years now and it's a miracle I've been able to survive this long. I'm going into my senior year of high school and am very stressed out about the rigerousclasses I'm going to be in. I hope everyone is doing okay, this is a truly wonderful community!

22genericname June 30th, 2015

Hi I'm Tash and I am 15. I have suffered with depression for nearly a year now and I feel like I have hit rock bottom. I am adopted and have a violent background nearly 3 years ago I moved schools and I was very happy with my new one. its a boarding school so I felt more at home there then at my actual home. But now I might not be able to go back becauseof one stupid mistake. I have been suicidal and self harmed and I really need some help but there is no one in my life that I can talk to.

StrugglingLittleSkater June 30th, 2015

Hi! I'm Toriand I'm 14 and I'm from Canada. In the last 2 years I have been diagnosed with major depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder, and cyclothymia. It has been pretty tough but I try my best to stay positive. It's been pretty hard lately and I've been struggling a lot. I also have anxiety which had been causing many many sleepless nights lately. But despite this all I try my best to share my experiences and using them to help other people. (:

InkdNPrcdAngl June 30th, 2015

My name is Katie. I'm 29 and from Virginia, US. I struggle with depression, anxiety, worry and stress, as well as a general sense of being overwhelmed. I have self harmed in the past and have been through my share of bad and abusive relationships. I am doing well in that category now, though my past still haunts me at times.

understandingShade2506 July 1st, 2015

Hi there! So glad you came looking here for help. I hope you will find it. I know what it's like to seem to tumble in and out of abusive situations, which keep on reinforcing how bad you feel. Let's start choosing positivity today!

Rosemary01 June 30th, 2015

Hi I'm rosemary and I think I might have atypical depression. I love soccer and I'm 13. I'm not confident about myself at all. And I just need help😔

MrsBreezy June 30th, 2015

Hey my name is Christina, I'm 16 years old and I'm from Germany. I just feel very empty and alone and I don't know how to change my life so it might become worth to live it.

understandingShade2506 July 1st, 2015

Hello, I am Kim. I am 25 and I live in Belgium. Honestly I am not good at introducing myself, since I don't find myself particularly interesting. I am just a sad person looking for something to hold on to. I used to have many interests, but I seem to have lost the drive to pursue any of them. I just sleep, eat and worry... But hey, I will survive this!

Ginger323 July 1st, 2015

Hey my name is Ginger. I love anime, sports, music and writing. I have bipolar disorder, ICD and ADHD. Uhm I don't really know what else to say. Oh and I'm 14

FromMountaintops July 2nd, 2015

Hi, I'm Chelsea. I'm 23 and just finished my first year teaching in Georgia. To get the job, I had to move about five hours from everyone I know. I'm isolated most of the time and am trying to fix it, but it's hard to meet people. I often feel like I'd rather sleep or go off on some outdoor adventure...which is fun to do solo, but not all the time. My biggest fear is that I'll slip back into my "bad days" in college, when I was in therapy, trying medications, and calling out of work "sick" because of my depression. But hey, I'm trying to stay positive. The world's a beautiful place, and as long as I have feet and eyes to explore it, there's a silver lining, right?

Natalie271969 July 2nd, 2015

I am currently in a sticky situation. I have been married to my hubby for 10 years. I have followed him all over the world in the military. I was informed recently he isn't happy. He has lots of anger and grieving over death in family issueS. Yet is refusing to get any help. He has shut myself and our son off completely. I am at a loss. I feel like I am the reason why all this mess is happening. I gave up everything to follow him. Why won't he at least try and get help?

Hayjo77 July 28th, 2015

I'm sorry your going through this. I don't know what I would do. My brother recently went through this. She tried to stick it out and talk and talk. Eventually they separated for a few months but today (a year and a half later. No conventional therapy) They are happier than ever.

I hope your situation ends up a positive!

clippedwings99 July 3rd, 2015

Hi, my name is Hanna, I'm 15. I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for almost 2 years now, but nobody really knows the extent of my problems because I'm scared of driving people away.

thehoodlum July 3rd, 2015

I've been suffering from depression as well & I was scared of the same thing & I found out that they'll always be someone who genuinely cares & will be there for you no matter what Don't be afraid open up & express yourself

rozie July 3rd, 2015

Hello Hanna, I think what you are saying is avery normal response to living with an illness like depression. We need people alongside us so much,yet we fear that they will be driven away or overwhelmed by all this. So then we are inclined to keep quiet and withdraw which is depriving us of the comfort and support we need from others. My own experience tells me there will be those peoplewho are able to be there for you no matter what, and there will also be those who are not able to do this and that'sokay. So please be encouraged to seek the support you need and entrust your story to those who can walk with you through this.

clippedwings99 July 3rd, 2015

Thank you for replying! I really like this site because it connects me with people who understand what I'm going through.

jenniferlobsinger77 July 7th, 2015

i know what you mean and your probully also scared they wont beleave you

thehoodlum July 3rd, 2015

Hey, I'm Alondra and I'm 16, I've been struggling with depression, an anxiety disorder, a bipolar disorder, an eating disorder, and a prolonged grieving disorder for over 5 years now & I haven't given up yet ☺️

SuzyR610 July 3rd, 2015

Hello, I'm Suzy.I can't remember when I was diagnosed with depression. I joined 7 cups because lately I have started to doubt if I am really "depressed" or if I have some other problem. Why hasn't therapy worked? Why isn't medicine working? I thought maybe other people have experienced this.

Lonelyfornothing14 July 3rd, 2015

Hi I'm Andrew. I'm a biological female but my gender is male. I'm here because I'm having relationship issues with my girlfriend. I have been depressed since I was 15. I'm now 23. I am trying to overcome my recent rape. I'm trying to save my relationship. I just need someone to listen.

Hannahopes July 4th, 2015

Hi my name is Hannah. I'm 18. I'm brand new on this site. I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for a while now. The combination is sometimes hard to deal with. At the moment I feel okay, but I always worry about getting back to when I was at my lowest.

KatHellsing July 6th, 2015

Hi, my name is Kat. I've been suffering with depression, anxiety, self harm, exc. I had anxiety ever since I was little and I got depression really bad about a year ago. I've been self harming ever since my depression got worse When I finally told people about that, I got sent to a mental hospital a few months ago. I still have everything and still self harming but I'm too afraid to tell anybody about it.

Ariell July 10th, 2015

I'm Ariel , and suffer with bipolar depression. I constantly have crazy mood swings that has caused my to lose everyone leaving me especially lonely although I'm trying really hard to get better.

dapperStrings9294 July 6th, 2015

hi. im nicole and i am ruining my marriage with my depression. i have the most perfect husband and i know that but when i have my mood swings as i like to call them i turn into the absolute worst person on earth im assuming its bipolar dissorder but when i talk to my mother about it she just laughs and says no you dont... im to the point i dont know what to do i want to save my marriage because i love my husband more than he will EVER know but i dont know why i act this way. its like a huge storm of anger comes out in me out of nowhere. please help me

Montebella July 9th, 2015

Hi all, My name is Holly and I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for about two years now. Have been doing pretty well for a few months but now am feeling myself get sucked back into depression. It's a horrible feeling and I'm so disappointed. I think I thought I was done with it! My loved ones do try but their empathy wears thin. Husband seems to be kind of over it though he's been really supportive in the past. I think he's disappointed as well. Anyways, just found the site and thought it couldn't hurt.

Mynx109 July 9th, 2015

Hi my name is McKenzie, I've been recently going through tough times with relationships and loss of friends and sexuality that isn't being accepted. I joined so I would be able to talk to people and not be judged... Because unbiased opinions are hard to come by these days.