Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello all

LorryLulu September 2nd, 2016

I'm looking at the dates of some of these threads and it doesn't look like everyone posts a lot but hey ho, I'm going to post anyway.

I'm Louise, i was diagnosed with depression when I was 17 (I'm 30 now) and three years ago I was diagnosed with bpd. I manage on antidepressants and ranting, but ranting doesn't always work in my favour lol

For the past few months I've noticed that my symptoms have been getting worse. I've been low, contemplating suicide and self harming ( it's only in the last four months that I have) I don't know if that is over dramatic or too heavy for these forums..

I have started seeking help, talking to my doctor, looking into local therapy (I'm too poor too afford private) and my boyfriend has been a massive support. And im hoping this place can help too

So hi guys :-)

professionalPerspective60 September 2nd, 2016

@LorryLulu

Hey there Louise, lovely to meet you! I'm Emma, one of the U.K. listeners here on the site, so I'd like to give you a warm welcome to the 7cups community🙂. The beauty about this place is, there is always someone around to chat to, when you feel you need that extra little bit of support, whether this is in one of our group support chats, or, a one to one private chat with a listener, or simply browsing through the forums (which I see you have already found🙂) awesome!

Having said all of the above, I'm really pleased to hear you are receiving great support from your partner, and that you have already made the decisions to speak with your doctor and find local help too, these are all amazing steps, and ones you should feel proud for making, reaching out and seeking support is probably one of the bravest things you'll do! So good job Louise, you've done great!

I really hope you enjoy your experience here, and please do drop me a PM if you require any help navigating the site!

Take care, have a lovely evening!

LorryLulu OP September 2nd, 2016

@professionalPerspective60 Thank you for the warm welcome :-)