Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

lovingPine3496 September 8th, 2015

Thank you so much for this inspirational words..this is what I needed today. I did a 5 minute 7 cups meditation a bit ago..and it also helped me. Thank you again. I send lots of hugs in return

Nayaybell13 September 8th, 2015

Go on YouTube and search - Life is Gift- Motivational Songs - Those exact words and sign

Going to be the first video

Werkit September 8th, 2015

I feel like such a failure....

Don't feel like that. We are all here for different reasons. You just have to find your reason.

@werkit

redheadeddwarf September 8th, 2015

better than normal, haven't felt severely down, like I have been doing for the past few weeks, probably cause I've just got some great work experience smiley

unbroken275 September 8th, 2015

It's an over load of joy to hear that! We're all so proud of you! Keep it up!

AeroRoze3 September 8th, 2015

I feel ok today , not sure why but i'm not complaining

Spes September 8th, 2015

@AeroRoze3, that's a great news! Days like these we need to treasure ^^

*high fives*

AeroRoze3 September 8th, 2015

@Spes Thanks, I totally agree ! & looking forward to more

*high fives right back* smiley

easyWater4109 September 8th, 2015

I couldn't sleep last night...I was so anxious about my dental appointment today...I wound up canceling it. It's not just the discomfort of it all, it's all the fake-nice people I can't stand and the con game about how I get billed. In my next life, I'll make sure to have a dentist connection.

Spes September 9th, 2015

@easyWater4109, we do everything to cope as best as we can with a given situation. Sometimes retreat is a right choice. As long as we are trying, it is all fine. Survival is enough.

Sending hugs!

easyWater4109 September 9th, 2015

Thank you😌

inneedofafriend1962 September 8th, 2015

like I am not in control of my life anymore

I know what I need to do but I'm scared by the thought of it.

I want to feel happy and not feel guilty about it

Spes September 9th, 2015

It's okay, @inneedofafriend1962. You feel overwhelmed and scared about taking any action, so you avoid doing anything. I can understand that you just want to cope with your stress. It's so difficult and you just want to rest and to ease all of your pain.

It's good that you recognize your feeling. It's good that you know what you have to do. We are here for you, lovely. We will support you. It is scary and hard, but you can do it.

*hugs*

inneedofafriend1962 September 9th, 2015

Thank-you @spes for your thoughtful words it's good to know people are their

musicalnerd193 September 8th, 2015

I was doing fine, I switched schools and now I'm much happier. The problem is some days I will just get sad, out of nowhere, I can't control my emotions and I feel as if everyone wants me to explode.

Spes September 9th, 2015

@musicalnerd193, I'm glad to hear that your new school makes you happy. I think it was a brave and grate choice for you. I'm proud of you, lovely ^^

Have you tried this 7 Cup test? Maybe it will help you recognize your feelings a bit better.

Sending hugs!

AquaLake September 8th, 2015

Numb, useless, unmotivated, unattractive, and lonely.

Spes September 9th, 2015

So sorry to hear that, @AquaLake. I care for you. We are all here to listen to you. We won't leave you. We will support you. Please, accept these kittens as a token of my affection:

Lots of love!

LovePom September 8th, 2015

Ignored and used. I really don't like the way things are going so far. I have never felt so stressed and hurt in my life ._.

Spes September 9th, 2015

I'm so sorry to hear that, @LovePom. It must be really hard for you, feeling under so much pressure. You're just trying to do everything what is possible to cope with your feelings. I want to hug you and to ease your suffering a bit. You're lovely and have the cutest avatar which made me smile ^^ I care for you.

It seems awful now. And I believe you that it is. Try to remember everything shall eventually pass, even these dark times. Keep holding on, love. We are here with you. We won't let you go.

*hugs*

lavenderFarm4174 September 8th, 2015

My parents treat me like shit and don't understand my mental health issues. It's so distressing and I can't stand living under the same roof as them :(

Spes September 9th, 2015

I'm so sorry to hear that, @lavenderFarm4174. It's hard when your closed don't understand your struggles. But I'm glad that you've reached out to us. We know how hard it is for you to keep getting through every day. We understand how deep can be the despair, how dark can be the longest night of our lives, without sleep, without hope. We will listen to your heartaches.

Sending you lots of hugs, because you're worth every one of them!

lavenderFarm4174 September 9th, 2015

Thank you @Spes, that's helped me feel a bit better :)

Spes September 9th, 2015

I'm glad to hear that, @lavenderFarm4174 ^^

*hugs*

yzzil September 9th, 2015

I'm extremely frustrated with myself.

Spes September 9th, 2015

Is there something you can do to ease your frustration, @yzzil?

yzzil September 9th, 2015

@Spec. I start everyday with high hopes. I just keep making the same type of mistake at work. I know it's part of my concussion syndrome but that doesn't make me feel any better. 😏

Abracondromeda23 September 9th, 2015

I'm a pansexual, asexual, atheist (my parents are Christian and against all that). I don't feel like my friends are really my friends. School is stressing me out. I feel fat, useless, annoying, ugly. I don't like anything about myself. How am I feeling? Like I want to die.

Spes September 9th, 2015

Abracondromeda23, you must feel lonely not receiving support from your family. It hurts when our closed ones don't want to even try to understand us. Instead they push us away because of their own fears and insecurities. And on top of that stress in school.. It must be difficult for you, darling.

Sending you all my love and strength to help you get through next days. I hope life will be kinder to you, because you don't deserve this pain, lovely. We are here for you, if you want to talk.

Abracondromeda23 September 9th, 2015

Hmm?

considerateChick September 9th, 2015

Useless. I stay at home taking care of the animals and trying to find a job while everyone else is out making something of themselves.

Spes September 9th, 2015

Lovely @considerateChick, I don't think you are useless at all. You may feel like that, but you are taking care of animals. It's wonderful, and noble of you to help those who are weaker. Would you mind asking me what animals are you taking care of?

Sending hugs!

LoneWolfAshes96 September 9th, 2015

Hopeless, Empty...

I found out the horrible truth that is happening to my cousin...he's a musician, and a comic book author. He recently started up his solo band a year ago and has one album out so far. Everything seemed great. But every time he went on tour he would get suicidal and depressed. Ten he finally revealed to me why. His record label has completely taken advantage of him, changed who he is, his style...he can't be himself. Music has recently become a phobia to him due to the stress. He is giving up. And his strong with and creative mind and voice kept me going all these years. I feel like that if he gives up...what's the point? He wants to quit but the label has his insurance, helps pay his bills, and pays a quarter of his rent and he gets free transportation through them. If he quits he has nothing. I am about to throw away my art, burn my guitar, smash my keyboard and break all my CDs because I have lost hope in art itself. It has failed both me and my cousin. I can't do it. I don't want to be in his position. I give up. I'm done. I am so close to suicide. They have destroyed all my hope....

Spes September 9th, 2015

Lovely @LoneWolfAshes96, how are you feeling today?

I here if you want to talk. Just PM me. I can see you have a lot of going on in yur life, that you feel in a such despair you don't have any hope left. It must be incredible hard for you.

I'm here for you. I will listen. Just send me a message.

*hugs*

Spes September 10th, 2015

@LoneWolfAshes96, how are you feeling today? I'm worrying about you, lovely.

Let us know how are you doing.

*hugs*

LoneWolfAshes96 September 9th, 2015

Suicidal. Have the knife in my hand. Ready to end it.

MeteorShower September 9th, 2015

Pls don't end anything. You are amazing I want to end it so bad to sometimes. You can message me if you can