Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

why am i the way i am?

Sebastian0o0 August 16th

i have depression but why... like i have a good life, good family, ehh decent friends yet im still depressed. i dont get it why can i not enjoy my life? why am i numb there is no reason for me to be i just am and it feels like ill never be ok again 

bestVase7265 August 18th

I am so sorry that you are feeling so rotten right now. Depression is totally not dependent on your life circumstances. It is based in brain chemicals that have gotten slightly off. Blaming yourself for that is kind of like blaming yourself for a broken leg or a heart condition.

What kinds of things are you trying to do to help yourself? @Sebastian0o0

Sebastian0o0 OP August 18th

@bestVase7265 im not doing anything to help myself im just trying not to start another substance addiction

bestVase7265 August 19th

Well, that is a version of helping yourself so that is actually a good start. How are you doing on eating well and drinking water, etc.? Just doing those basics can really help because without them your brain doesn't have the energy to fight. @Sebastian0o0

Sebastian0o0 OP August 19th

@bestVase7265 my eating is horrible tbh like i barely eat anything and when i do its usually something unhealthy and i only really drink water but i dont drink that much but overall drinking is good 

bestVase7265 August 20th

So your goals for tomorrow are simple then - drink more water (set a timer if you need to) and make at least one meal a healthier one.

Start little and make these a daily habit. You can grow from there.

We believe in you here and want to be your cheering squad.

Check back often. You can do this. @Sebastian0o0

indigoHouse922 August 18th

@Sebastian0o0 I understand how you feel, I myself too wonder as a teen, believe me it's hard, I don't know if I have it, all we can do is think of the good and treasure it.