Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Who Am I?

hematite43 September 23rd, 2023

Obviously I'm depressed, given that I'm posting here.

I struggle a lot with finding a purpose or a goal. These past several years, I've existed in a great deal of negativity. It's very hard to shift that mindset, especially since I see so little hope for the future.

In watching a YouTube video today, I realized I've been engaged in a lot of judgment of others and that emerges out of and feeds back into negativity. I need to stop that and exist in empathy for others....well, compassion, really. It's far too easy for me to empathize without boundaries and that's not good for my well-being.

I might be a well-educated, 40-something person, but I cannot predict all outcomes. Even when I do, I'm certainly not always right. A few situation this week have demonstrated this, to my pleasant surprise.

But back to purpose...I think it may be useful in contemplating who/what I don't want to be, as much as I contemplate who/what I do want to be.

That's all for now.

FeureVox September 23rd, 2023

@hematite43 Hello, I'm genuinely sorry you're having such a challenging time.

During this difficult time, I am here to offer my support. It's important to treat yourself with kindness and to take gradual steps towards personal development and enlightenment.

Self-awareness and the willingness to change can be powerful resources. Keep exploring the person you hope to become and take things one day at a time. Remember, you are not alone in this journey.

Tinywhisper11 September 23rd, 2023

@hematite43 hi hema ❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ I'm not sure what to say sweetie😥 so I'll just hug you. And smile 😃 I love you ❤

spongbobishappy September 23rd, 2023

@hematite43

I am inviting you to join me in The Sharing Circle group on 7Cups.com ! 😊

SolarGenerator September 23rd, 2023

There are different flavors of depression. You are not your feelings.

You have awareness that your mind can't predict the future, and this is well. Empirically, our mind is not our authority for making life decisions.

Seek and you shall find.

SteveMiller September 23rd, 2023

@SolarGenerator Hello, how is everything? Interesting that mind stuff you mentioned. Could you talk me through it a little? Cheers.

SolarGenerator September 23rd, 2023

@SteveMiller One helpful starting point for me was, "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

I'm open to further discussion.

@SolarGenerator thank you so much. I'll take a look at it.

Bazzust0 September 23rd, 2023

@hematite43

the age old question "who am i?" "what do i do?" "is it worth it?" well no one can decide this stuff but you, you can ask for advise but you need to doo somthing and help yourself

@hematite43 man I'm on the same road as you are. Nothing turns me on, and after my grandma passed away, things turned out to be even worse. She was my life, my happiness, my reason to live. I'm at 44 now.

For the moment, I try to make the best of the situation I'm in, engaging in activities that help me suffer less, and even in the eye of the storm, I can still find some peace within. Jesus gives me peace and love, even when I feel like I'm going berserk. I thus calm down.

If you are doing well health wise, try walking really fast, thrice a week/40 minutes, for starters. That can help a lot. Start at a slow pace, gradually increasing it to your top.

Hope that helps someway.

Cheers.

Danny756710 September 23rd, 2023

@hematite43 wow by far one of the most interesting questions I've seen. my names Danny I'm would love to hear about what your thinking more. If you want to try to figure out what type of person you want to be, then could you tell me about what kind of person you are now and what it is you would like different?

bestVase7265 September 24th, 2023

It is hard to shift that negative mindset but it sounds like you are doing lots of work on it and that you are really getting somewhere in recognizing some of the stuff going on. The challenge is that you can't always tell that you are progressing.

I know for me when I began to step away from some of all of that was when I focused less on what was going on in my brain and trying to control the uncontrollable and more on how I could use distractions like hobbies and getting outside to heal my brain. Do you do those kinds of things as well? @hematite43

greenPineapple1998 September 25th, 2023

@hematite43 Great insight and good luck.