Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Too much on my mind

ConcernedWife2017 June 23rd, 2023

I have been up and down all night long. Then at about 2 a.m., I woke up for good and just can not fall back to sleep. I have a lot on my mind. I know that is the reason for me being awake.

It seems like if it’s not one thing, it another lately. Too much going on. I’m worried about my marriage. My husband just doesn’t know how to quit, even when I ask him to stop. I’m worried about my daughter’s relationship. I’m worried about my health. The stress from everything is surely not helping my health issue out. I’m worried about some other things I’m not comfortable talking about just yet to post on here. I’m feeling lost. I’m depressed and it doesn’t seem like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It keeps getting darker and darker. Just when I think things might be looking up, I get hit with a hard dose of reality. It’s almost like something or someone doesn’t want me to be carefree or happy. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Skansly June 23rd, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

it is understandable but the important thing is are you having too many expectations from your family to change . do they want to accept the change ?

even if you are not comfortable talking about it , write it down on a piece of paper and see which problem is easy for you to solve or which one is priority 1st.

ConcernedWife2017 OP June 24th, 2023

@Skansly

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I will answer my best. So I don’t feel like I am asking too much for my husband to treat me properly. I feel that should be given.

As far as my eldest child’s relationship goes, I didn’t explain fully. She is dating someone who is manipulating her. I don’t feel like it’s a good relationship. That’s why I am worried about it. I am afraid to say something to her because I don’t wanna push her away. It’s somewhat newer so she doesn’t see that it’s a bad relationship yet. Im hoping she will though. I casually let her when he does stuff I don’t care for. I try and explain why it’s wrong.

As far as my health goes, I’m doing what I need to do, just not sure it’s helping enough.

The other things I’m talking about is nothing I can control, but it still worries me. It’s about someone close to me.

Technically, I can’t “solve” much of anything. I know I need to let some of these things fall into place, but it’s hard to sit and watch people I love get hurt.

Thank you for taking time to answer to my post.

MeaningfulSilence June 23rd, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

Hello ConcernedWife2017, glad to read you again in the forum, even if it's not for good news.

I remember your concern for your daughter's partner andI am sorry that more worries added to it.

Surely all this negativity coming from things that doesn't go right nor how expected play a role in your night sleep.

It could be important for you to find a way to distract your mind when all the thoughts show up and chain you to a dark zone. If coming here and sharing helps it's good but i would hope you can see more than one coping mechanism that helps, in order to keep negative emotions at bay, to survive the bad moment you are living.

Take good care of yourself and your health!

@MeaningfulSilence

Hello. Thank you. This is my only place I can go to vent really.

Yes, none of these things are helping my sleep.

I’m doing my best to take care of myself and my health. I hope it’s helping. I will have another doctors appointment in a few months to see.

I always try to do things that take my mind off of the bad things. Nothing seems to help. I take walks, I go out to the store, I listen to music, I read, I clean…nothing helps. My mind just sticks on the things that are going on.

I know this sounds odd, but it seems like my problems are more than than just a bad moment. It’s literally been bad years.

MeaningfulSilence June 24th, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

I totally understand how the bad moments are about years, it's not a short period of time. That's why it becomes difficult to deal with. Surely the doctor appointment is a stressful wait because it adds more time, but it's good you have been able to organize it!

I just had a random thought now ... I am wondering if and how COLORS could be of help. You use colors in your texts, so I assume you like it and maybe colors give you positive vibes 🤔... Is there a way to do something that involves colors use, to experience positive sensations for a while?

@MeaningfulSilence

Thank you for answering again.

The more time that goes by, the more and more I am seeing red flags with her boyfriend. Especially yesterday when he disregarded everything we said to him. He was very disrespectful to my husband and I while at our home. It’s becoming more and more clear that he is bad news.

Yes, I do actually put my replies in color. I just love anything that is colorful. Always have. And honestly, nothing can really get my mind off of what is going on lately. I’ve tried so many different things. When I am worried about something, I don’t stop worrying until the problem is solved. It’s how I have always been.

MeaningfulSilence June 24th, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

Let's hope your daughter will reflect on his disrespectful behavior, respect is something basic, it should never be something secondary in relationships.

ConcernedWife2017 OP June 25th, 2023

@MeaningfulSilence

I hope she sees this and starts to realize that if he can’t be respectful towards her parents, he will not be respectful in the long run towards her.

I agree with you 100%. Respect should be given. It’s basic common decency.

I honestly am seeing him be more possessive and controlling with her. I hope she sees the light here, and soon.

MeaningfulSilence June 25th, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

Yes very much so.

Let's really hope it's just about time for her to realize things.

(Site is glitchy, there wasn't the button to press to answer to your post, hope you can read me)

ConcernedWife2017 OP June 26th, 2023

@MeaningfulSilence

Thank you. Yes, I was able to read your reply.

I am hoping and praying she realizes this soon with him. He’s been disrespectful towards us and I know eventually down the line, he will do it to her as well. That’s why I hope she gets away from him.

Another reason is he is trying to put her against us for no reason what so ever. And if things continue with him, he will talk her into it because he will manipulate her. And since she has never been with someone like him before, she will not recognize the signs. I always explain things to her on what to watch out for, but I also believe with her not seeing these kinds of things before, she will not see that he is doing this.

MeaningfulSilence June 26th, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

Hi 🙂

Yes I understand that the idea of manipulation is scary, but acts of disrespect are tangible so them alone should be considered regardless.

Fingers crossed 🤞

ConcernedWife2017 OP June 26th, 2023

@MeaningfulSilence

Hi there! Sorry, just realized I didn’t say it in my reply back. 😊

Thank you. I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. This is just so stressful.

MeaningfulSilence June 26th, 2023

@ConcernedWife2017

👍🌸