Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling

oliveTree4069 October 31st, 2023

Hey, it’s Lucy again. It’s been a hot minute, but I’ve been so busy the past 6 weeks. The more I continue into the school year, the sadder I feel. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. My life is great, there’s nothing to be upset about. I have no energy, I’m hopeless, sad, and what I’ve noticed the most is that I get so angry and irritated so often. Over the silliest things too. After I’m done yelling or being angry, I come to my senses right away and I say “Sorry, I don’t know why I got so angry.” It freaks my sister out, it’s like the flip of a switch my whole mood changes. It freaks me out, too. My parents don’t listen, they just say “It’s the attitude.” It’s okay, they wouldn’t be able to help anyway. Im just wondering what the heck is wrong with me, why is this happening? It’s confusing and really whacking me up. It’s okay if no one has an answer, this was just kind of a vent. Love you all, hope everyone has a wonderful night/day. Stay safe and healthy🩷

~Lucy

Mya000 November 2nd, 2023

@oliveTree4069 Hi Lucy, it's great to hear from you, though I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through such a tough time lately. It's completely normal to feel this way sometimes, and it's okay to vent and seek support.

You're not alone in experiencing these emotions, and it's essential to remember that it's okay to feel sad, even when everything in your life seems fine on the surface. Sometimes, our emotions can be complex and hard to pinpoint. The sudden anger and irritability you mentioned can also be signs of stress or other underlying issues.

Since you mentioned that your parents may not fully understand, it could be helpful to talk to a close friend or a trusted family member who can offer support and a listening ear. Sharing your feelings can often provide relief and clarity.

Additionally, if these feelings persist or worsen, it might be worth considering seeking professional guidance from a psychologist. They can help you explore what might be causing these emotions and provide strategies for managing them.

Remember, it's okay to not have all the answers right now. Your well-being is essential, and seeking help or talking about your feelings is a courageous and positive step. We're here to support you, Lucy, and I hope you have a wonderful day too. Take care of yourself 🩷