Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling

creativeAvocado772 August 30th, 2023

Im having a really tough time lately. I have PTSD and dealing with flashbacks. Was severely abused as a child physically and emotionally. The emotional abuse continued until my abuser died 5 years ago. All of the things that have occurred in my life on top of that (big things) are coming to the surface. I had a therapist and it worked well for me but due to financial reasons I had to stop for a while. I’ve recently was involved in a friend group where I was just being used and finally backed off but situations there triggered things from my childhood because of a particular person manipulating then gaslighting me and I cared for that person more than I should have. I’m spiraling a bit…. Realizing the traumas that have occurred through the abuse and other traumatic experiences are compiling. Having a really hard time dealing with it. I’m redirecting my thoughts but these past couple of days redirection isn’t working. Any suggestions from others who have had similar situations would be really appreciated right now.

juliak1968 August 31st, 2023

@creativeAvocado772

Hello,

I've been through a very lot also and I use guided meditations and do searches for 5-10 minute long ones and use search words like

such as

Guided Meditation for Trauma Healing & PTSD - YouTube

Sending strength!!~

Blessings, Day

Maebyb August 31st, 2023

@creativeAvocado772 Hang on, this too shall pass. Baby yourself during this time now, whatever it takes to feel loved and taken care of. Don't expect too much from yourself, be as patient and compassionate with yourself as you would a friend. You don't have to do anything right now except take care of yourself. I also have been in those dark times and never in a million years did I think I would ever get through it, but with the help of friends and taking care of myself I got through each tough time, keep reaching out we got you ! Maebyb 💛

coolvibes August 31st, 2023

@creativeAvocado772 have you tried a safe box, where you place all the bad things in it until you can deal with them at a slower speed!!

bestVase7265 September 1st, 2023

I am so sorry for the struggle. It all comes back and bites you sometimes when you think that you have it all under control.

I guess what I do most is try to focus on doing stuff rather than redirecting my thoughts. I am really bad at meditation or those kinds of activities. Instead I do lots of things like walking outside, cooking. coloring or doing jigsaw puzzles online. All of those keep my thoughts focused less on the trauma and more on immediate things around me. For some reason, it really helps my brain to heal and find a path forward. @creativeAvocado772

creativeAvocado772 OP September 2nd, 2023

Thanks so much for the suggestions and responses. I truly appreciate it. It’s just so hard some days. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

bestVase7265 September 3rd, 2023

Neither would I. The bad days are really bad. Sending strength, peace, and the knowledge that you aren't alone on this journey. @creativeAvocado772

creativeAvocado772 OP September 2nd, 2023

@coolvibes never heard of a safe box and more info is appreciated

coolvibes September 3rd, 2023

@creativeAvocado772 safe box is you build yourself a box it can be literal or imaginary and you put your worries and stressors in it and set a time to deal with them and they stay in the box until that time.