Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lack of passions

jennofthewired June 17th

Is there anyone else out there that has no passion, no drive, no reason for being? How do you deal with it? I'm getting to the point where I cannot even hold conversations because I have no knowledge about any specific topic, nothing that I feel strongly about.

Tinywhisper11 June 17th

@jennofthewired depression has a nasty way of destroying our passions. It's ok not to be interested in one thing. You can be back of all trades, do/make/watch/research whatever you feel like on the day. Sometimes if we do nothing, especially with depression then our motivation and reason becomes harder and harder to cope with it understand. So the best thing is to live for the moment, so whatever we want to do at that particular moment, best of luck with everything, we are all here for you ❤ hugs you tightly ❤

Sometimes I'll have this idea that there's should be something worth doing, something purposeful. I'd love to have experiences worth talking about. When I can't figure out what "it" is. I feel defeated and end up lying on the couch doing nothing but wallow and spiral/doom cycle.

But there doesn't have to be a thing to be doing. Just do anything, whatever. Do/make/watch/research is exactly how is spend much of my spare time. Decided In the moment. Often halfway through something else will catch my attention and I'll switch. Sure.

I don't have a purpose or a great passion. Lots of unfinished projects and half baked ideas but so what. Eventually, I've done a lot of little things to talk about. More importantly, In those moments when I feel something is missing, I just need to avoid that pit of bleh.

Thanks for the reminder, tiny.

Tinywhisper11 June 17th

@warmheartedTalker2597 ❤gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤

PinkyMingo787 June 17th

I wish I knew how to fix it. I’ve been struggling with this for a long time. I used to love the outdoors, art, music, etc. now I feel like im stationary while life slugs by me. Forcing myself to walk my dog brings a small bump of dopamine at times. It’s really hard cause I struggle to get dressed out of my “at home” clothes. What is one thing that brings you at least a little bit of enjoyment?