Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I did it

SeekForgiveness730 December 26th, 2023

It did it. I joined 7 cups and have posted. When I came here I felt utterly hopeless and helpless. But I knew I had to start somewhere. Depression can take over. It’s like digging myself out of a prison using only a spoon. You look at your spoon and you look at your cement walls and it feels hopeless and futile. I don’t have expectations for my endeavors to work against depression… but each time I feel .00005 percent relieved…. And it’s just enough to keep me coming back here. 

Patience is key, but it’s hard. My life is a journey. I am a journey. I’m trying to work on acceptance.. of things I can not control… I’m trying to get unstuck . 

memyselfandmoth December 26th, 2023

@SeekForgiveness730

one step at a time, even with only a spoon, you can do this. depression will try to take everything you've got but hope sings louder

LighterDay68 December 27th, 2023

@SeekForgiveness730

You definitely have the right attitude. Life is a journey, with or without depression. It is a constant learning process. You have done great by creating an account here and creating this post. I don't think I could have done that when I was at my worst. Keep plugging along, one day at a time. It will get easier but there will also be challenges that come up. Finding a Listener you connect with is valuable I think so definitely give that a try if you haven't already. Good luck!

Katsuddon December 27th, 2023

This is a big step forward for you and your journey. Taking things step by step is great and you will definitely get better little by little. I wish you luck on your journey :).

bestVase7265 December 27th, 2023

You sound like you are doing a great job in fighting and you have come to a good place. Feel free to post here any time about how you are doing. @SeekForgiveness730

bestVase7265 December 31st, 2023

How have things been going? @SeekForgiveness730

SeekForgiveness730 OP December 31st, 2023

@bestVase7265 thank you for asking.

im exhausted and spent. Frustrated and tired. I’m just trying to survive. When I start feeling hopeless or frustrated and my head is being overwhelmed with negative thoughts… I’m trying to come here. I’m trying to kee my head above water. When I am mentally low I tend to isolate.its difficult to function and socialize when I have no energy in me. 

I just keep thinking…. If I just got some rest. If I could just rest for a little while, but it’s never enough.

bestVase7265 January 1st

It is all really exhausting, I know.

Coming here daily can really help. Lots of it is figuring out a routine that helps. How are you doing on the eating and drinking enough liquids front? I know that probably feels stupid, but without physical energy from a good diet all the rest of it feels impossible much, much faster. @SeekForgiveness730

SeekForgiveness730 OP January 1st

@bestVase7265 my eating and water intake are good. Thanks for asking.

bestVase7265 January 2nd

So what would good rest look like? I know it is hard to get complete rest, but sometimes if you can break it up into lots of mini-rests things start to feel better. @SeekForgiveness730

SeekForgiveness730 OP January 20th

@bestVase7265 so I’ve started naps paired with meditation playing. This is one of the best things I’m doing atm. It’s definitely affecting my brain in a positive way. I often don’t let myself nap because it feels like I’m wasting time. But adding meditation is a great excuse and it gives me permission to rest while actually working on myself.

bestVase7265 January 21st

That sounds awesome! I am so glad that something is working. Resting often sounds counterintuitive when you are stressed, but it actually calms your brain so you get more done, not less. @SeekForgiveness730

bestVase7265 February 17th

How have things been going? @SeekForgiveness730

SeekForgiveness730 OP February 21st

@bestVase7265 meh. I’m making an effort to do a mid day mediation, especially when not sleeping well. Thanks for asking. 

bestVase7265 February 22nd

Some days are definitely tougher than others. Sending lots of peace. @SeekForgiveness730

bestVase7265 March 1st

Hoping that the last bit of February was good for you. @SeekForgiveness730

compassionateCar7091 January 1st

This is so true! You got this 😊

Kristynsmama January 2nd

@SeekForgiveness730

Welcome to Cups!  I hope that you find all the support you need here and that Cups is a great experience and place for you.

Kristynsmama

TrueSight January 6th

@SeekForgiveness730 discipline is definitely a hard thing to practice. But this is a great place with great place. The site has so much to offer. You just have to explore it. I'm currently in a worsening treatment resistant depression. The Spravato ketamine treatments keep my head above water. But it's looking like it will take electro convulsive therapy again to escape. I like your analogy. For me it's like a bunch of strong hands or weights pulling down deeper into a hole the loses loses more and more light. This is every winter. You are definitely not alone. You can have a support buddy in me. 

lovelyButterfly2844 January 24th

@SeekForgiveness730

Hi, You definitely have the right attitude. Glad to hear you are doing  good and  making some progress in your recovery. I know you can overcome your depression. Remember to practice self love and do some fun activities that you enjoy to make yourself feel much happier.

If you ever need anyone to talk to you can always chat with me here on 7cups! 😄

magicallyPiano5695 January 24th

I’m sorry you’re feeling stuck and hopeless. I’m happy you had the courage to sign up for 7 cups. I’m here to send you a smile. 😊

friendlyTortoise444 January 25th

@SeekForgiveness730

Thank you. I needed to hear this. Sometimes I just need a shimmer of hope, a tiny flicker of light. 

oliveKite9663 February 15th

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 Send love

LittleMouseLost February 15th

@SeekForgiveness730 I'm new here. I'm glad I saw your post. It puts into words exactly what I've been feeling; your spoon analogy is so apt and describes me, too. I wish you all the best.