Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hopeless

blueTown7167 May 8th, 2023

I’m in my 40s and never developed a career or any real friends. I feel like all I have is my husband and that I rely on him too much. I don’t have any real hobbies and nothing motivates me. I don’t know what to do to change my situation.

toughTiger6481 May 8th, 2023

@blueTown7167

well it is not too late to look into a different line of work or career...

as for hobbies or items you like to do is there a reason you do not try something new...... many places have items on social media or apps for like hiking groups or biking , book clubs , seen wine tasting groups etc..... i know it is scary and nervous to just attend an event with total strangers but it can be done. If you do not like it after first meeting you do not return.....

blueTown7167 OP May 8th, 2023

Thank you for the ideas. I just feel stuck and unmotivated so there’s nothing I really want to try out. When I do find a Meetup group, I’ma nervous wreck and feel like I have nothing to offer so just sit there quietly feeling dumb.

toughTiger6481 May 8th, 2023

@blueTown7167

what do you have to lose ........ i know it is easy to sit quietly and observe but if you want change it starts with you making the change and taking a chance

bestVase7265 May 9th, 2023

I can understand that rut feeling. It is so hard to think your way out of it.

The smaller that you start the easier that it is. I'd start with creating two lists - one list of things that you do each day for a week that bring you even five minutes of peace and a second list of things that used to bring you joy.

Then tell us what you find. @blueTown7167