Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling on edge

Country3262 September 4th

My depression episode has been bad the this last week and is causing me to have suicidal thoughts. I feel like a big trigger has been my grandpa’s celebration of life is next week and it’s the day after my birthday. I don’t know why my family planned it that way but they did. My grandma was saying she wanted to have a cake at the event for my bday and I told her absolutely not. Not to be mean but I don’t want my bday to be grouped in with a funeral memorial event. It’s causing my head to tell me it’s my funeral they are celebrating. To top it off my dad will be there and I cut all ties with him a year ago. We have never had a good relationship and if I see him I don’t think I can hold back screaming at him for his recent actions. At this point I don’t even want to go to the event.

juliak1968 September 9th

@Country3262

Hi, I understand because I've had some recent news that gave me anxiety but not as bad as I've had in the past. I found out I've got type II diabetes and that is in addition to my asthma, COPD, A Vascular Nercrosis, Sleep apnea, Heart failure and a host of mental health issues. What I've found works for me is drawing, poetry, and 7Cups 4-5 times a day. Helping others while gaining understanding is a win win!

"Number 1 is self care and self discovery"

Do you have a 24 hour crisis helpline in your area? About 2021 I called the veteran's crisis helpline and it helped me tremendously! You can call and just having that kind person listening and giving you suggestions is very helpful! Keep reaching out! Chat with several Listeners on 7cups and you'll quickly discover there are many people who have life experience and have wonderful insight. We do get better!! I feel so blessed to have had a chance to learn many coping skills.  You should be proud of yourself for reaching out.  You'll figure it out. In the mean time be very kind to yourself!

Blessings, Day