Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depressed and so cold

brightTree5008 September 5th, 2023

It's 90 degrees Fahrenheit outside and I'm in full sleeves and pants. I have the air turned off. But I'm still freezing. I am so depressed and stressed. Two blankets, both doubled up. And I'm still so cold. I feel like I want to sleep for months, maybe years.

HealingTalk September 5th, 2023

@brightTree5008

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time. It's not uncommon for depression and stress to manifest physically, like feeling cold even in hot weather. The desire to sleep for an extended period can be a way our mind tells us it needs a break.

Feeling cold in hot weather while wearing layers can actually be a common symptom of depression and anxiety. It's like your body is physically reacting to the emotional turmoil inside. Your description of two blankets doubled up even in the heat tells me that this is more than just a discomfort—it's a physical manifestation of what's going on in your mind.

Depression can make you feel like you want to escape from the world, and that desire for extended sleep you mentioned is often a way people cope with overwhelming emotions. It's a way to shut out the world, to find some respite from the constant stress and sadness.

I want to express my admiration for you for reaching out and openly sharing these feelings here.

It might take much courage to open up about what you're experiencing, and sharing your feelings is very important and healthy.

This is the way to go.

I encourage you to come here often to share how you are feeling and how your life is going.

This is a caring community, your thoughts are welcome, your presence is cherished here.

I hope things get better soon.

And I look forward to seeing you often around here!

All the best!

Marcelo.

brightTree5008 OP September 6th, 2023

Thank you Marcelo for your thoughtful post. Your words brought me comfort and connected.

HealingTalk September 6th, 2023

@brightTree5008

I am glad that my words brought you some comfort and made sense to you.

It was very kind of you to tell me.

I am grateful for that.