Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Alienation

politeBranch2505 June 23rd

I have been dealing with really intense feelings of alienation and loneliness. The thing is, I do have very good freinds who understand me, but I still find myself feeling this way often. It is like there is something I can't quite name that everyone else knows but I don't. I feel inhuman. Does anyone know why this may be or what might help deal with it?

ASilentObserver June 24th

@politeBranch2505 It feels like you have been experiencing some difficult feelings of loneliness despite having close friends. Feeling like there's something others understand that you don't is tough. What aspects of yourself do you feel like others understand that you don't?

politeBranch2505 OP June 24th

I don't know, part of the problem is I feel like I am having trouble putting words to my emotions. I think it just feels like there is something I fail to understand about how to be and that people don't like me because of this. And in terms of my freinds, maybe it feels like it is only a matter of time until they figure out that there is something off about me and stop liking me. I don't even know what it is, I just feel like most people don't understand me, but I don't even know what I want them to understand. I just can't shake this feeling of loneliness.