Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Someone please respond to me

EleutheromaniaMind April 14th, 2022

I don’t know what to do anymore I’ve been depressed for the better part of the last 3 years. Lately it’s really taking over and effecting my marriage my job my relationship with my son and the rest of my family. I don’t feel like getting out of bed most days. And when I do my temper is so short with my wife and kid. When at work I’m not interacting with anyone. I’m barely focused on my work/ barely doing my job. I dont seem to care if I get fired but I do care cause ik I won’t be able to pay my bills. But that not stopping me from calling off or just not showing up. I’m scared I’m gonna lose my marriage but I also feel like it’ll be one less responsibility. I’m scared and I’m sad and I don’t have anyone to talk to. Well I can talk to my sibs or my mom I guess but I also don’t want anybody in my business. I try talking to my wife but it nvr comes out right. I had a dream I committed suicide and I was so happy. Idk what that means. I just wanna feel better. I just wanna go back to being happy or at least not feeling like nothing matters. I can’t find the purpose anymore. I don’t wanna fee like this. Please help me.

JaneSustenListens April 14th, 2022

You should try reaching out to a one on one chat or use the chat rooms to get quicker replies. Good luck!

April 15th, 2022

@EleutheromaniaMind

Antidepressants Do Work, Some Better Than Others

I take 2 on the most effective list myself.

ZJK May 3rd, 2022

@EleutheromaniaMind

I understand that it is hard but you should talk to your wife about how you feel. I am sure she would care and try to help you through what you are going through, losing you marriage would most likely make your depression worse. I hope you make it through the bleak times.

❤️ZJ

Keepup923 May 3rd, 2022

Hello!! I'm not an expert but I'm here for you uf you want to talk ❤️

Tee0000 September 13th, 2022

Exactly how I am feeling now. Well i already lost the marriage and my son. Just not enough energy to care about anything anymore.

purpleTree4652 September 13th, 2022

@EleutheromaniaMind

Hi, Mind,

I think I understand the level of depression you are describing. It is all encompassing and makes it almost impossible to do anything to help yourself.

I've been there and still am there some days.

Please start to do these things even if they don't seem to help. Start to meditate. Even if it doesn't seem to be helping, keep doing it. Even if you think you aren't doing it well enough, keep doing it. Go to youtube and search for meditation videos. Follow them.

Please start to do mindfulness exercises. The same thing, even if you think it isn't helping, keep doing it. Keep trying. Keep sitting there and listening even if you think it isn't working. Again, go to youtube and search for mindfulness videos. Follow them.

Eventually, it will work. I read that if you can meditate for 40 minutes every day, it actually changes the pathways in your brain to help make you calmer and more focused and more in control of yourself.

I've done these things and it helped. Nothing is a cure, but it will help and give you the strength and belief in yourself to keep going.

Do you live in an area where you can go for a walk? Start taking a walk every day or every other day. Being in nature helps. The exercise helps, too.

I hope this helps you. Hang on tight. Keep trying.

--tree