Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Support Check-In: January 25th - February 8th 2023

kdsyahirah January 25th, 2023

Hello my dear community :) Wow time flies so fast that i didn't noticed that the first month of 2023 is coming to an end soon. And I am here with our little check in post for us.

So let's go straightforward to it!

1) How are you doing at the moment?

2) Do you have anything to share with us today?

3) What is something that feel like doing today?

4) What do you usually do to calm yourself down?

I think that's it for now. Thank you for being here with me today and feel free to choose any questions that you feel like answering. Until next time, Take care and stay safe. We care about you. Looking forward for all your replies.

To receive check-in notifications, press HERE

Learn HERE how to join the Depression Support team. We welcome you with open arms

_1674650685.positive.jpg

Taglist:

@0Lras0Bec0 @50firstLates @ace888281 @Aiden @akliis @alicias777 @allyswift @ambitioushope1234 @amiablePal9825 @amusingShip7514 @Anna @AnnMarie0711 @Aryanmeow @asgravity @ashleykae @astray @AstronomySkies @azureBalsam6854 @barma @BellaWalker1 @BenjaminF @bestVase7265 @Beth11 @bgdave @blossombreathe @BlueBetta @Bluelovelyrose @BountifulBreeze @brainybrainy @brendenjnsn @Briggsycakes @Brikatc98 @BrokenMedic @BubbaA2 @bubbleLemon6999 @BurkeDevlin @Bxnnily @CallMeNaman2002 @CalmLemon5288 @calmmoon2104 @Capricorncom @Carrot2657 @CarverTea @CatCrazy0430 @Cathrithis @cellogirl @Chanie @CherryBlossom012 @ChloeTheDuck @chulien123 @comfortableCat5294 @compassionatePine7335 @conscientiousTriangle7825 @considerateAvocado8135 @considerateParadise6717 @CookieBears @CordialBeing @countrygirl1231 @courageousKiwi7142 @creativeField7705 @crystallizedrequiem @Cupcakethe3rd @cuteeeezombieeee @DarkFairy0316 @darosello @decisiveOcean892 @demersus @determinedNest6866 @doeji @DragonessCocoa1 @DriftingAway @DudeHope @DylanletterR @dynamichemlock1736 @Dystopiatae95 @elektra1717 @elizabethunter @EmmaE @emndee @EmpatheticPanda93 @enchantingvision94 @Endowments @energeticThinker3129 @enthusiasticpond5679 @eugenNerd @exuberantMaple397 @fairmindedFriend3493 @Faithmagic @Fakekiwi003 @fildontsurf @Flornhope @focus4000 @friendlyCat50 @friendlySpring3273 @funnyTangerine6195 @Gagaintheroom @galaxyGirl299 @Genji @genuinePumpkin990 @gladskw @glasstree @godblesseveryone @Goldcherry2113 @goldenPalm71 @greenhippie @greenYard3288 @Harley5117 @harmonyLearninghope @Harvesterofchrist91 @HealingTalk @HelpfulSensitiveCaring @highlandramtv @Hiroki98 @Histerikal @hobbes1978 @Holly74 @honestPark3372 @humorousBeing8966 @HydrangeaField @Iamwhoiamwhoami @imlistening01 @inneryu @integrityblues @intuitiveOak709 @intuitiveOwl7027 @intuitiveSailboat4560 @Invisibility101 @IsaboeOfLumatere @ItGetsBetter4975 @Itsgabby @ItsReganingRain @japanrot @JarofSeeds627 @JeanneDarc @Jenim @JetBlackRose9922 @Judy7 @julianmerry @Justme1225 @jvrjrz @k87 @Kachidim @kdsyahirah @lambkin @lavenderpeach1107 @Lavenderxox12 @LeonardoMarino @lightstar7 @lilyofthevalley17 @littleBear2018 @LotusFlower285 @LovelyKittyCat @loyalBanana3550 @loyalPeach8578 @lucidpanic @luv2shop @lyricalAngel70 @mackenziemeyer14 @maddyhere4u @MaisieDaisy @mandodjarin @Markysim1 @marspock @MCaro99 @Mell20 @Mellietronx @Mercutio7 @meremuse @Miles224 @modestPear8910 @modestWatermelon2938 @monsoonGreen @MoroseTigger @mrcheeeku @MrMadPhilosopher @mushris @MyNameIsNicole @Namangoel2002 @navyBlueberry2704 @navylady @Neonpaint21 @nep2une @newsiesstoptheworld @Nicola2468 @NihilNovi @NikaBee @nobodycaresaboutme1234 @NomNomTrucker @nonethewiser @notjustsomeone @NotKhan @obsessivecompulsivegear @ohhappyday @oliveCurrent2548 @OneErased @Onlyonefollower @OvixHideout @owo123 @PaisleyPark5686 @passionateMango2156 @passionateOrange2312 @peatmosspots @PerfectStorm426 @PerfunctoryPenguin @philosophicalNickel211 @Pinkie256 @pioneeringPark2431 @Ponderosa5 @powerfulCup3720 @powerfulPark3549 @practicalShip4902 @proactivePear6876 @purpleTree4652 @QueenSerenity5 @queenvenom1 @quickwittedOcean4845 @raspberryVillage4305 @Rebekahwriter13 @redBalloon6821 @Redhawk6547 @Retribution @RonnieStorm7575 @rvyxz @SAIman @SavoyTruffle20 @scarletPear1945 @Scholar1234 @SeaShellOnTheShore @Seraphina2 @Server8462 @shininglove75 @ShrutiScarlet @ShyCat1678201 @shySpring4931 @sincereMoon4808 @SlothWhoCares4U @sociableCoconut1807 @SoftFaith2004 @SoftForestHSP77 @soomin @SparklingSnowflake15 @spiritwolf75 @Stardew3 @sujaypai @SunshineGiraffe123 @sushir0ll @sweetrosa1987 @SynSavory @TheAutumnWitch @TheodoreEnoch @ThePizza @thepotatochip @Time2GoDark @tluper6491 @totheskyandbeyond @toughCircle8376 @trashrubbish @TrustNLove @turquoiseHemlock900 @UncreativeMe @understandingCat3085 @unintelligibleKiwi @unknowncutie @valkyriephi @venusxst @versatilePear4061 @VerseArt @Wildarkberry @wildOnee @willyishere @windSpirit @witchrose @Wonderlife @wonderousMoon5570 @WynterRose @xandia @XinyuTian @xochloexo @Yashu1999 @YinYinChan @Zammn @Zenidog327

January 25th, 2023

1) At the moment, I'm fine. Still a little sick unfortunately, but it seems to be getting better.

2) I don't really have anything much to share.

3) I'm not really sure what I feel like doing today.

4) I usually try remembering song lyrics to try and distract myself

bestVase7265 January 26th, 2023

So sorry that you have been sick. That can be tough with the mental health stuff on top if it. I hope that you feel better soon. @determinedNest6866

January 26th, 2023

@bestVase7265 Thank you :)

bestVase7265 January 27th, 2023

How were things today?@determinedNest6866

January 27th, 2023

@bestVase7265 Things are better. I'm still sick, but not as bad like a few days ago

bestVase7265 January 28th, 2023

Every little movement forward is actually a huge victory.@determinedNest6866

slowdecline48 January 25th, 2023
  1. Not great. (See below)
  2. Been trying to switch my scripts to a pharmacy that is covered by my health mismanagement or--um, insurance. So far the intended pharmacy hasn't gotten them despite their being sent out on the 18th of this month. I've called several times. Either the head drug pusher there is incompetent, his staff is incompetent, or both at once...I suspect the 3rd option but am certain of the 2nd. Went on my HMO's website today & it doesn't list any retail pharmacies in my town for coverage...but. Eligible stores must contact them every 90 days minimum to stay in the system & if the one I've called can't keep track of incoming transferred prescriptions then... 🤷🏼‍♂️ Also have a sore throat & a bit more congestion than usual, plus an all-day headache & vertigo (it's a chronic condition)....I hate pollen. And dust, of almost any kind.
  3. Sleeping.
  4. Am not that excited to begin with.
bestVase7265 January 26th, 2023

Ugh, that sounds like quite the battle. Hopefully it will get more settled tomorrow. When it is both mental and physical it feels like a double whammy. @slowdecline48

slowdecline48 January 27th, 2023

@bestVase7265 We are past tomorrow but nothing has been done, far as I know. The sore throat, etc. are part of a cold...or maybe a sinus infection, I don't know which. I might've had a fever a couple evenings ago.... Am always vulnerable to these things at this time of year.

Right now I'm focused on getting through it & recovering, but I've decided to keep my prescriptions where they were originally. The Walgreens in my town is too incompetent to he trusted...will stick with the pharmacy at the chain supermarket. (They've been good for well over a year now. Might as well stay there!)

bestVase7265 January 28th, 2023

That sounds like a great decision. Go with the most reliable. I know that Walgreens is a challenge in other places as well. @slowdecline48

littleOrange4166 February 1st, 2023
  1. I’m alright I’ve just been pretty depressed recently about a breakup
  2. I don’t really know what to share I’m not really good at this but I’ve been dealing with a breakup for about a year and I’m trying to get over it but my mind doesn’t want to move on
  3. probably going to the gym but it’s icey outside so I don’t think I can drive, but I need to get alot of school work done
  4. I talk to this guy I’m talking to, he’s been with me the whole process and I really like him but it’s unfair to him if I get with him because my ex is his best friend and I still cry to him about my ex everyday
bestVase7265 February 2nd, 2023

Some breakups take much longer to process than others, but it sounds like you are really trying. Exercise is a great idea whenever you can do it. Take everything a step at a time. @littleOrange4166

purifyyoursoul February 1st, 2023

@kdsyahirah thank you so much for this amazing initiative!

cthorne3150 February 2nd, 2023

@kdsyahirah hi thanks for posting this check-in thread.

1) tbh not so great... and i feel like with depression it's kinda hard to find the words for how you feel, especially when a lot of different feelings are jumbled up together and your brain can't even process what's going on

2) i'm been suffering from depression for several years now, and though it now feels more manageable than in the beginning, sometimes i still feel like it's really rough. i recently read julia kristeva's black sun, an academic book about depression. it's fascinating but doesn't help my symptoms, but i guess i'll keep exploring.

3) honestly not much. sometimes i just feel like laying around all day doing nothing, especially when there are no deadlines to motivate me. i do have things i wanna do that provide meaning but sometimes the other stuff in my life can be so draining that at the end of the day i just feel so tired

4) sleep or reading
bestVase7265 February 4th, 2023

Depression is quite the battle isn't it? I hope that today was a bit better for you. It sounds like you have learned a great deal about depression and that really helps with the length of depression episodes. However, for me, it doesn't help with the pain of the actual moments that I have it. But knowing that the spell won't last as long because I have better coping skills is great.

Keep doing the reading. Different things will help at different moments. @cthorne3150

Ponderosa5 February 4th, 2023

Frustrated? With myself? I don't know. Indecisive? A bit overwhelmed by the thoughts of all the things I could be doing, that might be good for me, that I don't really want to do.

2) Do you have anything to share with us today?

Sometimes my neighbours' dog sits in the yard, right by my window but with her back to me, gazing out across the fields. She looks like she's meditating.

3) What is something that you feel like doing today?

I recently started planning to watch a movie every Friday night, but last night, my parents were in town, so I went out for dinner with them instead and I'll watch my movie today. For this week I picked "Devotion," which has been on my list for quite a while.

4) What do you usually do to calm yourself down?

I often just distract myself with podcasts or YouTube videos. I know that's not always ideal but there is some great educational stuff out there.

Seacu February 4th, 2023

@Ponderosa5

How enjoyable to read your post. I hope soon you will naturally step into your power to do what you have to do. I think I can feel that it will happen soon.

Meshack February 4th, 2023

1. I'm pretty depressed in the moment, but my anxiety is OK.

2. I'm dealing w chronic back pain and I'm scared that I'll be even more disabled than before at such a young age. Not coping well with it.

3. I'd like to put my laundry away and go into town and return something I bought yesterday in the wrong size. Also go see a friend, if possible.

4. I use the 4 square breathing technique to calm myself down. I breathe in for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, breathe out for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, repeat until better. I tap it out on my hand for further tactile grounding. I also do Qigong daily and yoga nidra meditation as needed.

Seacu February 4th, 2023

@Meshack

My mother has chronic back pain and I could see how much it was eating at her, I wish you all the strengh in the world to deal with it and find ways to manage or alleviate your pain.

Seacu February 4th, 2023

I am doing pretty good at the moment, I found this app that can gamify tasks called habitica and have been playing the "game of life" 2) Do you have anything to share with us today?

Today I stood up way to late but I managed to turn the day into a productive day anyways 3) What is something that feel like doing today?

Today I enjoyed cooking and taking a nice bath and walk and do yoga and I also practised on my music 4) What do you usually do to calm yourself down?

I just sit with the feeling and try to feel and process it as much as I can or sometimes I take an ice bath to jolt myself back into my body, or a hot bath to relax - anything that is wholesome really the one that seems easiest to do at the moment

greenApricot9463 February 5th, 2023

1) bedridden. Miserable. Numb.

2) no

3) i want to start therapy but the service that im looking into is full right now

4) draw, or write.

bestVase7265 February 6th, 2023

Thanks so much for coming here to share some of those emotions. I am so sorry it is so hard right now. Drawing and writing are both awesome. Try to do them as often as you can because they do help.

Writing out your emotions here helps too. Get yourself on a waitlist for the therapy and then keep talking to people here.

You can do this and get to a better spot. @greenApricot9463