Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Support Check-In: February 9 - 16, 2023

HealingTalk February 9th, 2023

cartel-hires_1675929583.jpg

Bad Surprises...

Sometimes things turn out not as we wished and expected:

• What bad surprises did you have recently?

• What are the worst surprises you had in your life?

• How did you react?

• How are you feeling these days?

I look forward to your comments.

All the best!

Marcelo.

To receive check-in notifications, press HERE

Learn HERE how to join the Depression Support team. We welcome you with open arms!

Tagging taglist subscribers: [phantom-tagged DS taglist]

purpleTree4652 February 9th, 2023

@HealingTalk

Hi, Marcelo,

• What bad surprises did you have recently? I got fired yesterday.

• What are the worst surprises you had in your life? the trauma I suffered when I was diagnosed with PTSD

• How did you react? I fell apart

• How are you feeling these days? scared

TheAutumnWitch February 9th, 2023

@purpleTree4652

Hi Tree,

I’m sorry to hear that you were fired recently. The work force is brutal, and applying for a job can be maddening from how many hoops the employers expect us to be able to leap through. Then there’s actually maintaining the job once it is attained…I hope that you’ll be able to find a new job soon, one of which is more enjoyable and has better people involved with it. Sending you love through these tough times ♥️

purpleTree4652 February 9th, 2023

@TheAutumnWitch

Thank you, Autumn. As always, you're a friend I wish I had irl. I really needed the comforting. It's been rough.

I did get good news today. I was accepted into grad school. The big question now is how do I pay for it. I was going to pay for it myself, but I can't afford to do that anymore.

TheAutumnWitch February 10th, 2023

@purpleTree4652

And thank you for the compliment, Tree. I always hope my virtual presence can offer a level of support to you, even if it isn’t the same as an in-person friendship.

Congratulations on being accepted into grad school! 😄 I’m absolutely thrilled for you. Perhaps there are resources that could provide financial support for the schooling? I’ve put my own academic path on hiatus, but I do recall having financial aid offices to check in with. Fingers crossed that everything works out well for you. ♥️

bestVase7265 February 10th, 2023

I am so sorry to hear about the job. That must be tough on you. Was it the cafeteria one?

But the graduate school acceptance is awesome. You can figure out how to pay for it one step at a time.

A bad door just closed, but I think a better one is opening.

Sending strength and lots of peace. @purpleTree4652

TheAutumnWitch February 9th, 2023

@HealingTalk

🍁 What bad surprises did you have recently? I actually can’t think of any at the moment. I’m thankful for that.

🍁 What are the worst surprises you had in your life? Realizing how abusive my biological family is, one member at a time.

🍁 How did you react? Not well, unsurprisingly. I alternated between crying, being stuck in disbelief, and being unable to stop shaking from the emotional impact.

🍁 How are you feeling these days? Pretty anxious in both good and bad ways. I’m taking an exam for a potential job in an hour, which could be anxious in a good way. But then I’m having a phone call with a friend that’s kind of been closed off, which could be anxious in a bad way.

Thanks for the thread, Marcelo! Hope you’re doing well.

bestVase7265 February 10th, 2023

I hope that the rest of your day went all sorts of good ways. @TheAutumnWitch

TheAutumnWitch February 10th, 2023

@bestVase7265

Thanks, Vase! It did. 😊 I took my exam, had a phone call with a friend, and as of most recently, baked some muffins that admittedly don’t look good, but taste amazing.

How have you been? ♥️

bestVase7265 February 11th, 2023

The muffins sound great. I am okay overall. Just dealing with normal monthly stuff but that should get better soon. @TheAutumnWitch

DarkFairy0316 February 12th, 2023

@HealingTalk I found out Thursday, that my schedule will be changed for this next week. The person who does the schedule made sure to check in with a co-worker about checking HER schedule, but not me. I can't say I am taking it well....I am going between thinking of quitting, thinking of letting my frustrations out on said manager, or just bottling it up inside again until I explode when something else goes wrong.I am trying to think of a tactful way to tell said manager that it hurt & angered me that she went out of her way to check with my co-worker, but not me. I am not opposed to schedule changes, but there needs to be an open line of communication where we are all on the same level.

bestVase7265 February 12th, 2023

What about writing her a short note based in what you wrote in that last sentence?@DarkFairy0316

wojiaozly123 February 12th, 2023

I felt extremely bad this morning and I went to a park this afternoon, and now I feel much better. I really love the nature and I want to be connected to nature all the time

bestVase7265 February 14th, 2023

That is a great technique. Use it as often as you can. @wojiaozly123

wojiaozly123 February 14th, 2023

@bestVase7265 Thank you

lyricalAngel70 May 2nd, 2023
  • What bad surprises did you have recently?

Recently met with a batchmate for the first time to celebrate our Master's graduation completion. I found out that she is impolite and blunt which was surprising. She scolded the waitress who made a mistake while noting her order. :(

• What are the worst surprises you had in your life?

There are too many of them. Not sure where should I start. 😃

• How did you react?

Surprised with my mouth opened wide 🤣

• How are you feeling these days?

I am feeling great today. Thank you so much! How about you?

@HealingTalk

bestVase7265 May 3rd, 2023

I hate watching people being rude to restaurant staff too!

@lyricalAngel70

lyricalAngel70 May 3rd, 2023
Me too. And that's why I decided that I would never want to meet this batchmate again. It was our first meeting and certainly our last interaction too. I couldn't believe her with that behavior as she was good during our online lessons. I used to help her with her studies as she joined late. However, the truth is that you'll never know about a person until you meet them @bestVase7265
bestVase7265 May 4th, 2023

That is very true. I just always wonder how they imagine that such behavior is okay. @lyricalAngel70

lyricalAngel70 May 4th, 2023
Yes, I totally agree with you. This is unacceptable and rude. @bestVase7265
HealingTalk OP May 3rd, 2023

@lyricalAngel70

Congratulations on your Master's graduation!

Poor those so primitive in spirit that they mistreat people who are doing their job and can't retaliate their aggression. It's such a surprise when you discover the "Hitler at home vs Hitler at war" phenomenon in someone!

I am sorry that you had so many bad surprises in your life. On top of the distress, it can damage our trust on people and life. You seem to have managed it successfully nonetheless.

How good that you are feeling so well! Graduation is wonderful! Exams are among the most stressful things on Earth. It's great when the succession of exams is over.

For me, these last days have been very nice, after a distressing month. Thank you for asking!

lyricalAngel70 May 3rd, 2023

Thank you for your detailed response as always! :)

How much I missed you during my self-care break! ♥️

I second that. It is sad at the same time unacceptable. People oftentimes forget that these waiters/waitresses are only trying to earn their bread and butter and we all make mistakes. And nobody likes to be criticized even if they made mistakes but whilst criticizing others, we forget that to err is human. I'm sure she must have cried thereafter. Yet, she came back and asked my batchmate innocently: "I only made a mistake with one order and got all the other things correctly, why did you say that to me?" and she still wasn't regrettable. She said: "I only stated the truth, you didn't even write what we were ordering. I don't think I was wrong there."

I felt so bad for her. Every time she kept checking on us if everything is good. Later, I and my other friend asked her if she is okay and she said: "I'm okay and I hope everything is okay with the order."

We hold her hands and apologized to her and praised her services.

Btw, thank you so much for your wishes. I'm really proud of myself for completing my studies and having to deal with no more exams for the time being, at least! 😝 as I'm planning to pursue Ph.D. or doctorate in Clinical Psychology soonest. Anyhow, please tell me why was the previous month distressing for you. I'm delighted that it's going great for you rn

Much love,

-Angel

@HealingTalk