Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cozy Adventure Advent Calender

communicativePond1728 December 2nd, 2023

Hey everyone. Just sharing my DIY advent calendar journey here. It's going to be wild, FYI.Β 

Candle was the first day, and a keychain day two. I'll share pictures and brands if people are interested.

img-20231202-133830054_1701553248.jpg

communicativePond1728 OP December 10th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 lol! I knew you'd say that 😊 😊 😊

Things have become good and messy.

The page in my bullet journal mapping my Advent Calendar is now full of cross outs, redirections and mind changes.

I can't seem to figure out what to make today's item!

Do I make it an item at all? It's very rainy and I don't have much in the way of rain gear so any outdoor adventures are maybe not it...

Maybe I could do a DIY face mask, watch the rest of the movie I rented off YouTube (Wonder - a drama with Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson about their family and their son who has deformities which required many surgeries going to public school for the first time in grade five.)

I could also keep working on the necklace I'm designing and weaving for the fossilized coral pendant I got on day...what was it?

*Checking*

Day seven. I knew that.

What do you think?

Tinywhisper11 December 10th, 2023

@communicativePond1728 make the necklace whilst watching the film 😁 and while your at it make me some coffee??? Please???

@Tinywhisper11 I didn't 😞 I've run out of coffee and my head's been filled with intense doubts and fears. 🌟 Maybe I'll rent another movie today, do a coffee and laundry run and finish the necklace today 😁

Tinywhisper11 December 11th, 2023

@communicativePond1728 good idea ❀ rent a nice xmassy film. And don't go out if it's stormy!!

communicativePond1728 OP February 11th

@Tinywhisper11 Thank tiny! Wish I could have heeded that advice because I went out in horrid weather and was miserable.Β 

@Tinywhisper11 *thanks

WorkingitThrough2 December 11th, 2023

@communicativePond1728

Sounds like a plan to me😊

img-20231209-180921092-2_1702174268.jpg

So the fates have decided it another chocolate advent calendar day!Β 

I rode through an absolute HORROR of wind and rain for it.

Out of toilet paper and low on groceries I suited and booted up tight.

And after flailing around the store I finally found the right combination of things!

Off to eat some food, watch the rest of Wonder and maybe work on weaving the necklace.

Tinywhisper11 December 10th, 2023

@communicativePond1728 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm glad you made it through the storm! Yaaay chocolate day and toilet roll day😁😎

WorkingitThrough2 December 10th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

Tiny, you should apply for a Forum Supporter. You do a great job at uplifting others😊

@WorkingitThrough2

How could I have missed your comment saying to not go out if there was a storm?! Dang it haha that could have really helped me.Β 

@WorkingitThrough2 oops sorry; that was Tiny who mentioned that! Sorry guys *panics*

WorkingitThrough2 December 10th, 2023

@communicativePond1728

I have been following your adventure and I love it. You keep making my day😊.

and @TinyWhisper77 keeps the fun going as well.

Keep up the Advent calendar and postingπŸ˜‚

WorkingitThrough2 January 11th

@communicativePond1728

Stopped by to see what are you up to now? What are your plans for your next adventure?πŸ˜‚β€οΈ

@WorkingitThrough2

Thanks so much for stopping by! My new adventure has been percolating as I wrap up and recover from the final ends of the last one, while building the 'soil' with which to grow my new one!Β 

As my internet went out around mid-December and just came back yesterday, I'll try my best to post what I documented offline for you of my advent adventure, and share my inspiration board I made a couple day ago to help me cultivate my next journeyΒ 

audienta December 12th, 2023

@communicativePond1728

Thank you for sharing your advent calendar journey! It's a really good idea :)

@audienta thanks audeinta! Sorry for the late reply. My internet stopped working I think right around when you made this comment and it hasn't been able to be fixed crazily until yesterday! I tried to keep up and continued to find items for the calendar, taking photos and writing posts offline so I could post them when it was fixed, and someone planted a little seed of a new venture...

audienta February 11th

@communicativePond1728

Oh, I'm sorry about your loss of internet. That has been a long time. I hope, you can enjoy it again now!

@audienta thanks, audi. Yes, it felt like forever to not have wifi for a couple months, and I hope I'm able to enjoy it too. I see you're pretty prolific on here; have you done any research in graphic design or marketing before? Or perhaps you're a writer? I admire your good work πŸ’―πŸ‘

audienta February 14th

@communicativePond1728

I can't imagine being without internet for so long. I hope that doesn't happen to you again!

Aw, thank you for the compliment. No, I don't have a background in graphic design or advertisement and I'm not a writer either.Β 

img-20231214-154410120-2_1707617068.jpg

Since my interwebs went down around mid-December and didn't come back on until yesterday, I've been trying to document the rest of my advent adventure and cultivate the next one, along with a break in between.

I made a special photo of some items I opened for the advent...the bag of coffee I bought with one of the advent calendar day items - a gift card to a coffee shop, and a 'butterfly' hair clip and trivet.

A freshly ground, hot, air pressed cup of this coffee kept me going through the loneliness, hunger, anger and tiredness that only a Christmas holiday can bring...and it helped me understand more why my mom felt she had to turn to this substance to help her cope with life, when something as simple as an apple gives more energy.

I don't think I really knew what a 'trivet' was...growing up my sister was the one who seemed to be more adept there.Β 

And I never wore butterfly clips before because they my mom's thing - I thought they weren't it and should have died in the 1990s alongside grunge and jeans lol, but I also used to think avocados were completely weird, atrocious and offensive and now I love a good guac...interesting how tastes evolve and change with time and patience.

A box of chocolates was another item that made it's way into my advent adventure. πŸ˜‹

It was a donation from food pantry near me.

I was so happy and thankful to see it sitting there, like a gift from the gods themselves, if such a thing exists. It just made my whole day.

And I'll just take a quick moment here now to say thanks; I'm so grateful for the support and generosity of others. It's saving me, helping me to heal and become self-sufficient again.

img-20231227-013815804-6_1707618070.jpg

I think that's about all I was able to document for the remainder of the advent...oh! Perhaps there were some other things, like a couple pairs of pants from the thrift store, one of which shows up in one of the photos.

And on Christmas, I unwrapped a lovely pair of gloves, some candles and a serum. The candles are long since burned, and the serum and gloves half used up, but I'll see if I can't post a photo anyway - I loaded up on a couple more candles since then as February 2nd was Candlemas, and apparently having a good stock of beeswax candles is a thing.Β 

img-20240210-183443701-2_1707619040.jpg

The gloves are from the brand Atelier Delphine, and are 43% baby alpaca, 43% merino wool and 14% beetlejuice. Just kidding. Polyamide.Β 

The serum is from Skwalwen Botanicals, an antioxidant formula, featuring cranberry and rose.

The candles were pure beeswax dyed oxblood/purple naturally with plants and I forget the brand! πŸ˜”πŸ’” Can update that as I do pop into that store here and there and I saw they still have them in.

How was your Christmas? β€οΈπŸŽ„

I just realized there is a photo of the oxblood candle! It's in the one I took of the box of chocolates. Very similar to the purple ones I have now eh? I always though oxblood was more of a burgundy... πŸ€”

Here's the inspiration board I made a few days ago to help me with the next adventure.

img-20240210-042427986-2_1707619671.jpg

The picture on the top, right hand side says 'all emotions are valid (even the messy ones) (really)'

kindHug676 February 16th

@communicativePond1728

Pond please tell me what is on this board and how can I make one myself! We need to collaborate on a fourm post together!!

communicativePond1728 OP February 16th

@kindHug676

It's some art, magazine photos and more, with earrings, pins and magnets. A collab on an inspo board forum posts sound like a very great and worthwhile idea! I'm not sure if there's time as there's so much going on for me...if anything changes I'll be sure to let you know though...how does that sound? 😊

I wanted to mention also that the rock salt candle holders in the inspo board picture have some of the beeswax tea lights I purchased as part of my 'stock up'.

I'd like to find a candle I really like the shape and smell of though for Candlemas...so far I've tried ten different stores with no luck. Am feeling pretty discouraged about it.

Some things I've been pondering is: what good comes out of not getting what I want just handed to me? And also: what are the distractions dimming my inner light?

Update on the coral necklace! 😁🐱

The budget became too tight and I had to return the pendant for some basic necessities. :/

WorkingitThrough2 February 18th

@communicativePond17

I stopped by to see how you are and what you are doing next. My internet has been down and is still sporadic now. I catch it on here and there.πŸ˜‚ So it may take a while before I am able to respond to your reply❀️