Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I finished crocheting my blanket

cheebsra September 2nd, 2023

@Hawaii968 @Sakiuu @VioletWater @Howegeorgia20 @considerateCup2245 @SomebodySpicy @iampapaya @gradatim

Sorry if I missed any names, I couldn't remember everyone

but this is the blanket I made for my sister. It isn't perfect but she loved it. I had to stick a pillow under it to make it look right because I messed up the middle. ☺️🧡 but she loves it and I'm happy with my first blanket.

Thanks for being so supportive everyone! And to everyone I missed tagging: I'm so sorry!!
img-20230902-130737-hdr_1693692300.jpg

NeurospicyGirl September 2nd, 2023

Oh wow I love this blanket 😍 I'm so glad your sister loves it too! Great job ☺️🩷

cheebsra OP September 3rd, 2023

@SomebodySpicy

Thank you spicy 🥰

Sakiuu September 2nd, 2023

@cheebsra

Yayyy, I was actually wondering about your blanket earlier :D (Some girls were crocheting in the common area and I mentioned I had a friend who was great at crocheting blankets)

The color scheme is actually really nice!! I’d put it on my bed. And it looks super cozy and soft

To even out the sides, you can pin the blanket to desired shape and steam it with a steamer (if acrylic), or even just aim a hair dryer at it for a few minutes - high heat relaxes the plastic polymers in the fabric

@cheebsra

And I’m not surprised she loved it <3 What a thoughtful and loving gift

cheebsra OP September 2nd, 2023

@Sakiuu

Thank you for the tips I'll pass them on to her! Hope you're well 🧡🧡

@cheebsra

Something hilarious happened today, I’ll tell you next time we chat :D

And hope you’re enjoying a relaxing, lazy weekend. Are you gonna crochet anything new?

@Sakiuu

I can't wait :O

Yes definitely doing something new but I gotta figure out what first lol. I was thinking of doing stuffed animals next. I may do an octopus or something ~

Sakiuu September 3rd, 2023

@cheebsra

Octopus would be so cute :0 You could do different colors for the tentacles!! And I read that you can stuff the plushie with uncooked rice, heat it up for a warm weighted pillow/toy (but like . . . wouldn’t that get moldy eventually lmao)

I think I suggested this to you before, but you can find thousands of free crochet patterns on Ravelry :D Stuffed toys are under the category “amigurumi”

@Sakiuu

:o thank you for reminding me!! You're the best saki. Also uncooked, dried rice doesn't mold ;) at least not easily

@ryboisse40

@PeachPuppy

YourCaringConfidant September 3rd, 2023

@cheebsra This is so beautiful! You are so gifted and talented with your hands. Congrats on crocheting your blanket! Your sister is so blessed to receive such a lovely gift. 🥰 Can't wait to see what other things you make.

@YourCaringConfidant

Thank you so much ☺️🧡 it's my first big project so I was excited. My sister loved it!

Lou73 September 3rd, 2023

@cheebsra

Cheebs this looks so cool!! Love the colour scheme and you're so talented to be able to crochet!

love-gnome.gif

@Lou73

Thank you! It's my first attempt so I was really excited about it! ☺️🧡 appreciate you, Lou!

@Iampapaya

Thank you paps 🧡☺️

Sakiuu September 3rd, 2023

@cheebsra

I should’ve asked you first >< but I showed the photo of your blanket to some peeps here and they all said it was very pretty

@Sakiuu

That's okay! I appreciate you showing me off ☺️ I wish I could make a blanket for you to give you comfort. I'll make one to hug specially for you!

Sakiuu September 4th, 2023

@cheebsra

Always :p And aww, I’d deffo pay for shipping too!! Shame I can’t share mailing info on here . . .

trueconfidant123 September 4th, 2023

Hey @cheebsra! ☺️ You've done a wonderful job 👏🏻 working so intricately 🪡 on the crochet blanket. ✨ Your efforts and dedication 💪 are evident and visible 💖 in this beautiful masterpiece.🤌 I'm glad to know that your sister loved it. 🎉 Keep crocheting! 🫂

🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶🧶

Tagging our fellow positive beings 🤹who might be interested 🙋 in witnessing your art, 🌞

@grimsmark8 @Tinywhisper11 @Gabrielamtineo @GreenFairie @teenytinyturtle

😺 🤗 💜 🍏 🐢

GrimSox September 4th, 2023

@trueconfidant123 thank you confii, for taggin mee

@grimsmark8 You're welcome Charlie! 😸❤️

cheebsra OP September 4th, 2023

@trueconfidant123

Thank you so much!! I forgot usernames so this helped a lot 🥰 thank you

@cheebsra

Anytime for you friend! 🤗💞

Tinywhisper11 September 4th, 2023

@trueconfidant123 thanks for tagging me ❤

@Tinywhisper11

Gives you a giant tiny hug 🤗❤️

trueconfidant123 September 6th, 2023

@GreenFairie

You're welcome 💚💚💚

Tinywhisper11 September 4th, 2023

@cheebsra wow! Cheebs you made that? By hand? That's amazing cheebs good job ❤❤ I'll just put my order in ready for xmas. Can I have the same blankets but in pink please😁

cheebsra OP September 4th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

Thank you ☺️🧡

GrimSox September 4th, 2023
@cheebsra Aww such a small cute blankyy, cheebs :) Where can I order!!?
BlissfulBue September 4th, 2023

This is really cute! 😍🥰🥰 Job well done! And as this is your first blanket, WOOOOOOW! ✨✨👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾

OakSerenity September 4th, 2023

@cheebsra it's beautiful!

BastianLatte September 5th, 2023

@cheebsra awesooomeee

Gabrielamtineo September 6th, 2023

Great Job!🥰❤️

thisismetrying23 September 10th, 2023

Hey cheebs. The blanket looks like an oyster it's lovely. Sorry to go a bit off topic but u shared in group that u were going too see the doc. I hope it all went went and you're alright. Do drop an update if u feel okay talking about it. 😃