Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Making in May

It’s May already! This year seems to be flying past. Hopefully the change of seasons has been able to re-energize everyone and reignite your passion for your creative pursuits. I know I’ve been extremely busy so far this year but I find that’s all the more reason to make time for crafting! I try to remember making time for arts and crafts is making time for my mental health too! At this time of year I feel drawn to my various flower crafts like the one below, this month I am also hoping to find the time to make a bouquet of crochet flowers!

may-2024_1715019559.JPG
(Image consists of a craft made from origami flowers)

So as we say goodbye to April showers and hello to May flowers, what crafts do you have blooming?

Consider the following questions and take a moment to check in!

1. First off, what have you been making and creating recently? 

2. As it’s mental health awareness month, how do your arts and crafts play into your mental health?  Do you use them as part of your coping skills?

3. Sometimes the pursuit of perfection with our arts and crafts can have negative impacts as well, how do you  cope with or avoid this?

4. So as spring moves toward summer, are you looking for new projects or ideas? Have anything you are hoping to create? What inspires you?

Add or Remove from taglist here Tagging: @AustinIsDepressed101 @BirdKing449 @cal1860 @daydreammemories @EmotionsListener @GwydionRowan @iloveyouxx @ivoryAcai80 @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Mya000 @Park2139 @RachelListener @Rainboho @rainlove27 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @RogueOne1983 @SomebodySpicy13 @theboymoana @TheCrew4887 @tidyHickory3283 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2

We are looking for active posters so if you are interested in joining our Team please read here and apply.

RachelListener May 7th

@EmotionsListener

1. what have you been making and creating recently? 

I haven't got a chance to create things, I want to do origami but barely have time 

What about you? 😊

MistyMagic May 8th

@EmotionsListener Hi there! Lovely to see a check in :)

1. First off, what have you been making and creating recently? 
    I have been knitting toys! They are so cute and fun

2. As it’s mental health awareness, how do your arts and crafts play into your mental health?  Do you use them as part of your coping skills?

I find that they help me to relax and I can lose time and hours fly by.

3. Sometimes the pursuit of perfection with our arts and crafts can have negative impacts as well, how do you  cope with or avoid this?

I am a perfectionist for sure so this is something that really gets to me, a dropped stitch and I am undoing all my hard work, so  it is a work in progress, lol, a wip!

4. So as spring moves toward summer, are you looking for new projects or ideas? Have anything you are hoping to create? What inspires you?
    I love Spring and Summer and I am looking forwards to painting outside en plein air, the best way! Sadly watercolor dries too fast, but I am going to try my water mixable oils to see how I get on with those outside.
    What about you?

Listening - One Step At A Time!