Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't feel like waking up

adventurousLemon1941 June 23rd, 2023

So i am preparing for a competitive exam for a couple of months now. From the past few weeks I have observed that I don't have the zeal to wake up in the morning at all. Now not waking up early has an impact on my productivity. When I first started the preparation for the competitive exam I felt motivated but I don't know what has happened to me. Can anyone help me on how to tackle this?

Mya000 June 27th, 2023

@adventurousLemon1941 I understand how frustrating it can be when you start losing motivation and struggle to maintain your productivity. It's common to experience ups and downs during a long preparation period, but there are steps you can take to tackle this situation:

Reflecting on your goals is important in maintaining motivation. Remind yourself why you started preparing for the competitive exam and visualize the desired outcome and its benefits. This connection with your goals can reignite your motivation.

When the preparation process feels overwhelming, it can be helpful to break it down into smaller, manageable tasks. Set achievable daily or weekly goals to make the process less daunting and track your progress effectively.

Establishing a routine can contribute to discipline and make waking up in the morning easier. Create a structured sleep schedule and develop a morning routine that energizes you and sets a positive tone for the day.

Finding inspiration is crucial. Look for sources that inspire and motivate you. This may involve reading success stories of individuals who have excelled in similar exams or connecting with like-minded peers who are also preparing. Surrounding yourself with positive influences can help you maintain motivation.

Taking care of your physical and mental well-being is vital. Prioritize sleep, engage in regular exercise, maintain a balanced diet, and participate in activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Self-care plays a significant role in sustaining motivation and productivity.

Remember, it's normal to face challenges and fluctuations in motivation. Be patient with yourself, stay focused on your goals, and don't hesitate to seek support from friends, family, or mentors. You can do this!

adventurousLemon1941 OP June 27th, 2023

@Mya000 thank you so much for the tipsπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

blindDaisy9121 June 27th, 2023

@adventurousLemon1941

It's important to pursue hobbies and perform other activities which you like. You might be preparing for a crucial exam, but taking time for yourself is important. Studying in a consistent pattern and with a self-paced schedule can be of great benefit. Hope that helps you!! Have a good day πŸ˜„

adventurousLemon1941 OP June 27th, 2023

@blindDaisy9121 thank you so much for the tips πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

WavesandSea June 27th, 2023

I was thinking this could be your mind's way to say "I am tired, I need to do things that I love". Seeing a movie, exercising, whatever you love to do, but something you are passionate. This would change your mood gradually I am hoping. Best wishes.