Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Prompt Of The Week: "In this moment, I find comfort in..."

blindDaisy9121 March 23rd

Hello, writing community!

I hope you have been well! Welcome back to the writing series, where I present you with writing prompts to exercise your creative muscles every week! If you haven't checked out the previous posts of the series, I've got you! You can find it here

Without further delay, here is the prompt for today:

"In this moment, I find comfort in..."

What will you be doing? Good question! You'll be replying to my post with your original 

1. poems

2. prose (long or short)

As of now, the word limit is a maximum of 500 words. 

Happy writing! And do tag some friends if you think they might be interested in this activity! If you have any questions about the series or want to submit a prompt, then please feel free to message: @Clarisse29

If you're interested in being tagged every time a new post is made to the series, reply to this post with "I want to be tagged for more prompts". Thank you!

_________

Before you go! 

Did you know about CDM? It is the Content Development and Marketing Program which is offered for free by the 7 Cups Academy! It teaches you the essentials of developing content and marketing it so that it is more visible on the internet with a specific focus on mental health! At the completion of this program, you earn a free certificate from the Academy which you can use to further your professional growth! Find out more here. 

Taglist: @OuiCherie @SoulfullyAButterfly @niens @azuladragon34 @Izzy274 @jersey123456 @usefulsummer3139 @TilXC @KindLemonade @ThoughtfulBlossom @Sugarlife24 @AuroraBriarRose @Torean @TryingTBH2021 @babydino69 @chaoscookie22 @Cuposad076 @Elise849 @TheJenInBlack @AnnaJ718 @RideARainbow @ImaginativeThinker8574 @Aikyaa01 @HopieRemi @NCG2237  @seashell145 @InvaderStitch @blueAngel00 @WharfRat @mysteriousClover @neverendingRainbow489 @LonleyCheese @lyricalAngel70 @discreetSugar176 @Dallady  @TheGoodFairy @Shawdios @CalmCoral @CatwomenSoulstealer @adaptableOcean4193 @Barltik2065 @CompassionateOak202@LoveMyMoonflowers

Torean March 24th

@blindDaisy9121

In this moment I find comfort,

In the fact that I know that these side roads lead somewhere,

A secret passage,

An escape route,

Proof that the world's greatest escape artists,

Aren't even running from anything.

I take comfort in the fact that maps exist,

Showing all the highlights,

Except for what you can find on your own.

Proof that everything can be explored,

And the discoveries only begin at that point.

LonleyCheese March 25th

In this moment

This horribly drawn-out and frightening moment

We, though about 10 minutes drive apart from each other, 

Cling to each other for support

In this moment

This ugly, rude and angry moment, 

I cherish the memories 

I remember that moment-

That sweet, warm, and loving moment-

Her, face nestled into the crook of my neck and her warm hand on mine

Her, smiling up at me and sighing, melting into my chest

Her, making me lurch with laughter from just a few whispered words 

In the moments where I am shaking with fear and anxiety, or forced to put a defensive and angry face over my frightened little one, to protect them, I simply have to remember the peaceful times, and know that the horrors will cease by morning, and she'll be in my arms again: safe, warm, and loved, as it should be.