Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

✍︎✎The Joy of Trying Something New For the First Time✐✍︎

PetiteSouris July 24th

This past week, I spontaneously decided to try something new. I thought to myself, "Souris, what do you have to lose❓ This will be such an adventure‼️"So I decided to learn a new writing system for the first time in my life. It is known as Brahmi, an ancient writing system from India. Many modern writing systems in India, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, and Tibet are developed from Brahmi. I am both elated and excited to learn this writing system.

Currently, a plethora of positive feelings are flooding my psyche. There are so many benefits to trying new things, including the feeling of happiness.

Let's check out some more reasons to try something new: 

1. Trying something new may bring happiness into your life. 

2. We keep ourselves healthy when we try something new. 

3. When we try something new we increase our emotional resilience. 

4. By navigating new challenges, we may boost our self- confidence. 

✎♡✐

There are many more reasons to try new things. Check them out here. 

image-3_1721774039.jpeg

✍︎ I get excited when trying new things‼ ✍︎

Tell me, when was the last time you tried something new for the first time❓

and what did you try❓

@liveloveforgive @sparkygizmo @fifaadict123 @hollytail @lolaa9 @delightfulunicorn38 @postivelyluna33 @coolvibes @clarisse29 @unassumingeyes

This post is brought to you by the Content Development & Marketing Program. Find out more information about the program here

July 24th

@PetiteSouris

I haven't tried any new, and I would like to try sailing out at sea in the Pacific islands. I think this would be awesome. 

PetiteSouris OP July 24th

@Sicklescaler

Sailing sounds like fun! 

I definitely love that for you, and if you get to try it please share your photos..

canticos-ricky.gif

@PetiteSouris 

I like to try new things all the time , i have list of many activities like drawing, singing, writing, the last one is start learn Italian language, i don't remember when exactly.

Thanks for sharing this post with us 

@delightfulUnicorn38

Lovely, I love the Italian language. 

Certainly, trying new things can be satisfying, but for you, 

How did you feel when trying these new activities? 

image-6_1721815496.jpeg

@PetiteSouris

Trying new thing bring joy , feed the curiousty , maintain the sense of discovering , defeat being bored 

lolaa9 July 24th

I don't think that I tried to do something new beyond the usual because I'm afraid I won't adapt to it but I will try to get out of usual things zone ♡

@lolaa9

Trying new things may help to get out of the mundane day-to day routines.

The article I shared went into more detail on the benefits of trying new things. 

[Click link above to read more]

Tell me something that you'd like to try: it can be traveling to a new place, learning something new, eating a food unfamiliar to you or something else that you have in mind.

image-4_1721816013.jpeg

lolaa9 July 24th

Thanks I will read it, I like to try safari and traveling to other countries

positivelyLuna333 July 24th

@PetiteSouris All of your posts are so colorful and engaging, they always bring such joy to my day! Recently, I've been trying out "something new" that has always been one of my downfalls in life, and it verges in the social department. For the majority of my life, I've struggled with social anxiety, something that has lost me many friends and potential relationship growth due to bolting and avoidance on my end. This summer, I've really been accepting growth in making effort to try to intentionally invite friends to hang out, more specifically one-on-one (something that has always terrified me before, even with my closest friends I struggle with one on one). This is, for me, something completely new. And while it is scary, the growth is worth it. 

summer-time-summer.gif

@positivelyLuna333

Sounds like really fun summer plans, Luna. This is definitely an example of trying something new. It's great to connect with friends on a level that we are comfortable with; enjoy socializing with them. 

Thank you for your positive feedback

Meenakshi29 July 24th

So exciting isn't it.. Really trying something new is not just an activitiy it's a bundle of nee things... Exposure... New learning.. New skills... Sometimes trying new things actually expose us to our hidden talents as well... We got to know about Ourselves.. That's how we can learn and grow alsoo by doing little fun adventures experiments...

Hope that you had an amazing experience. 😊☺

@Meenakshi29

Loved the way you explained why trying new things can be beneficial. 

I haven't started learning Brahmi as yet, I will start next week. 

But I anticipate that it will be not only educational but a fun adventure(as you explained in your comment above). 

✍︎

Meenakshi29 July 24th

I am learning a new language.... I started it since last year 😅 well I don't get much time but when ever I get I spent time learning that.. Little by little... And I also want to start learning sign language ... Have to make time for it 😅

image-7_1721831776.jpeg

✨@Meenakshi29✨

Hope that you soon get the time to indulge in learning your selected language! 

Which language is it that you are learning?

Meenakshi29 July 25th

I am learning Korean language... I don't know but I just feel so connected with that language.. It's brings joy and calmness to meet 😁☺

Fifaadict123 July 24th

Trying something new is something I like to do but it is also hard because I try so hard at everything and if I am not the best I lose motivation and get sad so it’s good and bad for 😅

PetiteSouris OP July 25th

@Fifaadict123

Being competitive drives us to want to be on top, doesn't it.

When we fail, it is disappointing.

And then we may lose interest in said new things, it sounds tough having to feel this way..

What new things you may have tried [that you can think of] which were non-competition?

for example bird-watching was new for me, its non-competitive. 

I'd be interested in knowing, even if its trying a new cuisine for the first time, 

or venturing to a place in your neighborhood you have never visited. 

new-year-new-year-new-me.gif

Hollytail July 25th

@PetiteSouris Believe it or not! I had never got a bang in my life until last week I went to the hair salon. I couldn't even imagine how would I look like before and fortunately it looks nice! I know trying a new hairstyle is just a tiny thing but it indeed made myself proud and fulfilled

PetiteSouris OP July 25th

@Hollytail

I feel that a new hairstyle is not a tiny thing, but a huge deal.

Im certain you look and feel amazing‼️ 

Keep enjoying your new hairstyle‼️ 

Dont be afraid to step out your comfort zone, 

and try something new, again. 

image-12_1721923663.jpeg

daydreammemories July 26th

@PetiteSouris

I tried a new recipe last week ^.^

PetiteSouris OP July 26th

@daydreammemories

✨Yay for trying a new recipe✨

Hope that you enjoyed the final product

Now you have piqued my interest. What did you make?

image-1_1722024529.jpeg

daydreammemories July 27th

@PetiteSouris

Lazy lasagna casserole hehe 

PetiteSouris OP July 27th

@daydreammemories

I had to search for this dish...

I didn't know that there is an easy version to lasagna‼️

food.gif

daydreammemories July 27th

@PetiteSouris

Hehe yes!😁

Clarisse29 July 27th

@PetiteSouris the last time i tried something new was in spring this year and it was a new way that I learned to make coffee in!

PetiteSouris OP July 27th

@Clarisse29

Woah! Love that for you, trying a new way to prepare coffee...

Please share the new way, if feel like spilling the beans...

coffee-morning.gif

@PetiteSouris A new thing I tried today was to sit outside for a bit and just rest after waking.

PetiteSouris OP July 28th

@communicativePond1728

This sounds like a serene way to spend the morning

Hope that you enjoyed this moment

And that you continue trying new things for the first time. 

snufkin-moomin.gif

Rizuemu000 July 29th

@PetiteSouris

The last time I tried something new for the first time was when I decided to make an indie game. I’ve always been fascinated by 3D VFX, CGI, and coding, so I thought it would be exciting to try my hand at game development. It was a challenging yet rewarding experience :D

PetiteSouris OP July 29th

amazing-iloveit.gif

@Rizuemu000

Woah🙀

You created a gameThats a big deal

Is it a game that people buy in stores

Late Congrats‼️

coolvibes July 30th

@PetiteSouris hmmmm, something I tried that was new. I am trying out herbal and mineral supplements and trying to see if they are really beneficial in reducing the symptoms of conditions and illnesses. It is worth the try I believe.

PetiteSouris OP August 1st

out-with-the-old-and-in-with-the-new-vlad-masters.gif

@coolvibes

Our health is important, and vitamins and minerals are beneficial to our bodies. 

I  use a lot of herbal remedies myself to build my iron levels etc.