Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

10) Article Outlining

SoulfullyAButterfly March 10th, 2021

This discussion aims to present some tips for the article outlining process - it is a general discussion and you are not limited to using these techniques but are welcome to share your personal experiences and suggestions in the forum replies!

1. Brainstorming

• Brainstorm the need for your content piece - establish your idea and consider what the content needs to contain by asking yourself the purpose of the content piece and what your audience would like to know through your work.
  • Moreover, consider auditing existing content to find opportunities for interconnected content as well as to find ideas for further enhancing your content collection.
  • For example, you can browse through the current Expert articles available at 7 Cups and consider what related or supporting content works can be developed.
  1. Developing a Concrete Idea

• After brainstorming the need for your content work, develop a concrete idea to support your proposed title. A concrete idea is simply what purpose you intend to fulfill through your content.
  • In other words, be clear about what you would like to include within your content article.
  1. Listing Main Points

• Consider listing the main points of what you would like to include in your content article: you can consider starting with major subheadings and their supporting points, or just a general list of points you would like to include and research.
  1. Descriptions of Main Points

• After forming the list of main points, consider adding small details or descriptions about what that point should contain or answer - these descriptions can include pointers on what to research, questions, etc.
  • After writing the list and descriptions, consider where you want to add expert quotes and what type of expert you can contact.
  • Moreover, consider creating a brief list of existing content you can use and backlink to.
  • You can edit your outline to include any new things that come up during your research for other points, but it is recommended to keep your content within your outline/concrete idea after creating it.

Need help with your outline? Consider using the Student Discussion Thread or emailing ayesha@7cups.com for support.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Happy900 March 10th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I always have ideas for writing about learning disabilities or other disabilities.

I really enjoy look up topics online.

I love learning about new things.

March 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

There is a simple technique that I use, maybe others might find it useful too. It's called mind mapping. More info on the link below

https://www.mindmapping.com/

WendinCaring March 22nd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

I am loving it. Than you for sharing.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 13th, 2021

Great tool, thanks for sharing @DonaldDraper ❤

March 21st, 2022

@DonaldDraper

Thank you for sharing the link. I think it's fun to use mind maps for content writing.

lyricalAngel70 March 21st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you for this wonderful post. I will surely keep those points in my mind while writing an article. Also, I just read an interesting article & thought of sharing it with others. Here it is!

Have a great day/night everyone. heart

Hey @lyricalAngel70 , awesome tips , thanks for sharing ❤ Have a great day you too, Angel ! 🤗

lyricalAngel70 July 13th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Awe, thanks a bunch! ❤
It is great to see you joining the CDM program. I enjoyed this wonderful journey and wishing you the best for your beginning. Currently, I am working on an honors project and looking forward to submitting it promptly for graduating from the CDM with honors. Anyway, happy journey and lots of love dear friend. ❤ You've got this!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 15th, 2021

Hey hey Angel , thankyou so much for your warmth and generosity , you're so lovely ❤ super happy to know you enjoyed the program and are all set to graduate with honors woohoo, you got thisss! Lots of love back 🤗 @lyricalAngel70

Creamyyy June 23rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

What's the word count requirement for the article?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 25th, 2021

@Creamyyy Hi there, as per the guidelines it should be a minimum of 1,000 words

giggleBubbles6722 June 26th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Good structure. might use it.

Thankyou for the useful tips and offering us further support @SoulfullyAButterfly ❤

lyricalAngel70 July 13th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Hello,
It is amazing to see you join the CDM course. ❤
I believe you would thoroughly enjoy and excel in this too... It was a great journey for me throughout. I am grateful to soulfully for all her efforts.

Lots of love and best wishes from me. ❤

Aw so so sweet, thankyouuu , ive been enjoying it so far too yaya hehe ! Love and warm wishes back ❤ @lyricalAngel70

lyricalAngel70 July 15th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I am sooo happy for you. ❤
Thank you for those beautiful wishes. I love you. ❤

🤗🤗❤❤ @lyricalAngel70

Icecream2Day July 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you for those ideas on how to step by step plan our articles :)

kindLemonade July 19th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Great steps, thank you for the kind support

sophiasanae August 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This will be super helpful when writing! Thank you so much!

Iamanotheru August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Yayy thank you for sharing! Super excited <3

amomtessa August 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Thanks for offering such techniques.

Lannylistens September 9th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you so much for these techniques! I will be putting them to use soon! smiley

azuladragon34 September 14th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thanks for the information

WhiteRoses25 November 7th, 2021

I like the Brainstorming analogy and the focusing on main points. Each main point I will write about from my first paragraph. Thanks very helpful!

amazingNutella24 December 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'm definitely keeping those tips in mind while I write mine 💜 These are so awesome, Soul! Thanks a lot!

optimisticMoment4139 December 21st, 2021

thank you for those ideas !

KatePersephone December 27th, 2021
i will keep this information in mind! thanks a lot
Zahraa000 January 2nd, 2022

Thanks for your idea💜

GoldenRuleJG January 26th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you for this important post. Asking yourself the important questions you want to explore is great for analysis.

The main points I will look at are:

- Definitions and symptoms of anxiety - may talk about autism too

- What does interviewer and interviewee consider as anxiety vocally and in terms of non-verbal communication

- Personal stories on interview anxiety

- Coping mechanisms:
STAR Interview technique
Interview types
Mindfulness
Researching about company
SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 28th, 2022

@GoldenRuleJG sounds like a wonderful brainstorming list/outline

GoldenRuleJG January 29th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you so much for your encouragement Soul 😊

SoftForestHSP77 January 31st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The way you presented the outline was spot on. Thank you very much.

dreamRainbows3245 February 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

These are great tips, I will definitely be implementing them in my article.

crang17 March 8th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly this is really helpful! Thank you so much!

Destiny4157 March 27th, 2022

These outlining techniques are helpful! I will use this as a guide for my article. One method I like to use when writing a paper is keeping track of my ideas and article structure in a notepad. It can either be on your phone or in a book. This technique helps me stay organized and makes it easier to construct my paper.

KBeauty12 April 10th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This takes me back to when I was learning to construct paragraphs in English writing. Yes, good points indeed.

CoffeeAddict07 April 20th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Something that I like to do is just jot down ideas as I get them, but that is usually pretty messy, so I think that I will try this way out and see if it helps me feel more organized! Thanks for the tips!

Ninziesss June 8th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thanks for sharing! :D

SirenOfSerenity July 5th, 2022

Although I'm currently in D6, this will definitely help me!