Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Work Prompt #20: What is teamwork for you?

ASilentObserver September 9th

Welcome back all, I hope you are all taking it easy on yourself at work this week.

A few weeks ago we discussed: What is one question that might be bothering you?  Thank you to all who participated and shared their thoughts for discussion. I enjoyed them. I hope you all did too. If you didn't share yours, please share them here and I look forward to reading and discussing them with you.

This week's prompt: What is teamwork for you? What role does teamwork play in your workplace?

This discussion is focused on what is teamwork and how it works out for you. The goal is to discuss and share our thoughts, views, and how we want the teamwork to be. Let's share to discuss

I look forward to hearing and discussing with you all. 

pow-wow.gif

healingsoul4892 September 10th

@ASilentObserver

Great prompt, Obs!✨for me teamwork is all about collaborating effectively to reach shared goals. Its not just about working together, but really working well together. i mean valuing each others strengths, communitacing openly and being willing to support each other through challenges. Good teamwork combines individual skills to create something greater than what we could achieve alone and effective communication is key to making that happen

im also really curious to hear what others think about this and how they experience teamwork. It'll be interesting to see the different perspectives and insights!

ASilentObserver OP September 11th

@healingsoul4892 I think that's a great way to put it, Healing. Thank you for adding your thoughts. What do you think makes good communication in a team?

healingsoul4892 September 11th

@ASilentObserver

Thanks Obs😊

i think good communication in a team comes down to creating an environment where everyone feels comfortable speaking up and asking questions, no matter how "silly" they might think their questions are. We all learn by getting answers, right? Being open to asking for help is also crucial, its definitely not a sign of weakness but rather a way to strengthen teamwork. clear expression and active listening go hand in hand, its about understanding each other and being genuinely present in conversations. What do you think? I'd love to hear what you think is the key to good communication