Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ways to fill up the battery in the evening?

miillktea April 28th, 2022

Hi! How is everyone doing? 🤗

I'm currently in a very exhausting situation because I'm working more now than I'm used to.

And while I know that I'm mostly just exhausted because I'm not used to it yet and that it will get better in a week or two, I'm constantly exhausted in the afternoon and it's making me frustrated.

I usually have free time after 4 or 5pm (sometimes even earlier), so still a few hours of the day, but I end up spending my time on the couch trying to avoid all kind of sensory input.

I started to "force" myself to have some fun and see a friend outside of working at least once a week for a few hours. Before we meet I'm actually really dreading it, but once we're together I feel more relaxed. You probably know how that feels.

Now I finally wanted to actually find a "recharge" routine for myself, so I can get out of that high tension, low energy situation; just to figure out I have zero clue what to do to recharge.

Has anyone some tips and tricks? What do you mostly do after a hard day at work?

CheeryMango April 28th, 2022

What do you mostly do after a hard day at work?

I normally try to reflect on the kind of day I had and write down what went wrong/good and see how it could have been improved/prevented. After that, I unwind from the day by taking a shower or bath, cooking something to eat, and just doing an activity that brings me joy.

AveryLove April 30th, 2022

@miillktea what a lovely question! in the evening I recharge usually by taking some time for myself. I take a really nice shower, clean a little even for 15mins just to create a nice space and usually cook myself something while listening to music (you can also do this in company with friends or family). Otherwise I like to read or just do anything that soothes me rather than evokes any intense emotions. Scrolling on social media for me can sometimes backfire if i see something without a warning and get upset or feel sadness. However, we all recharge in different ways 😊

miillktea OP April 30th, 2022

That sounds like a lovely routine! Especially the little bit of cleaning. I can imagine that it feels much nicer when you got something done and can rest in that new cleaned up space!

Thanks for sharing!

AveryLove April 30th, 2022

Yes! I‘d also say it heavily depends on what your love language is. For instance, mine is acts of service. This also can be used to show myself self love - by doing things I know my future self will thank me for, such as the cleaning or just giving myself time to watch something I like.

calmsoulmeet May 1st, 2022

@miillktea

Hello ! , In evenings whenever I feel low on energy , a good warm cup of tea or some good orange juice always helps me charge my batteries !

miillktea OP May 1st, 2022

@calmsoulmeet

Oh!

I used to regularly press myself some orange juice at home, I haven't done that in a long time. Maybe I should try that once again.

Thanks for sharing!

HopieRemi May 1st, 2022

@miillktea Great thread idea! Usually, it helps if I have a nice cold glass of water. It is very refreshing and sometimes you are feeling drained out because of dehydration. It can also help to make sure to get proper sleep the night prior.

miillktea OP May 1st, 2022

@HopieRemi

Thank you!

That's a really good idea. I tend to drink too little often anyway and drinking a glass of water doesn't take up too much time as well! Thanks for sharing.

HopieRemi May 1st, 2022

You’re welcome @Miillktea definitely a glass here and there can make a lot of difference

bestMaple2045 October 20th, 2022

Look into Yogi Positive Energy Tea. Works wonders. I also Take Vitamin B complex for Energy in the morning. The tea I take around 12 or 1. Hope thar helps. You could also dance it out or doing Jumping Jack's to get your blood flowing. Works all the time.

October 21st, 2022

@bestMaple2045 Thank you for sharing your tips 🧡
Is there dedicated time for your dance exercise? Or you use it as a 'pick-me-up'?
Also, B-complex comes in manyyyy brand names. Any particular that you like?

bestMaple2045 October 21st, 2022

Dance as needed and i take garden of life Vitamin code raw B complex

magicalOcean594 October 21st, 2022

@miillktea

wow milk when I was reading this I actually forgot it was you and thought it was me, I struggle with this on a daily basis I feel like this is my new norm and I will forever be tired:(

I will be subscribing because it can be helpful to know what others do as well when they are in these sticky situations,

thank you for sharing!

October 21st, 2022

@magicalOcean594 Ikr. I felt the same way while reading. I have subscribed it too.
Still, if you wanna share what thing(s) have helped you pick yourself up, it might be beneficial for some of the other readers 😊

leonard20 October 21st, 2022

I'm doing good! Glad to be here.

SilentClover October 22nd, 2022

@miillktea Hi, I'm glad that you have put your self out there with others and made new friends. Have you tried to take on a hobby and spent time on that? or find a way to calm yourself down like meditation or yoga? or maybe do some doodling? I hope that helps, best of luck.

bestWaters0138 October 22nd, 2022

I used to want to go to check ash on a couch or sleep after work. Now I go for walks daily. Listening to the birds, seeing the seasons change & smiling at people. It really increased my energy levels.

Gavin0Composer October 24th, 2022

Honestly, In the mornings the best way to get the energy flowing is doing some physical activity. For me I like to work out or take a swim. Something that really gets the blood pumping. It’s also really good for getting rid of stress, since physical activity releases dopamine and also makes you more positive in short and long term. Overall a really good stress reliever and also a way to grow my physique. One thing though. Do not get addicted to growing your body or else you may get body dysmorphia. Always be proud of the work you have already done and look forward to more but never forget to be happy and positive.

Gavin0Composer October 24th, 2022

Just to clarify the best way for me. I forgot to add that in.