Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Seeking guidance from everyone

Kindheartedman1991 July 17th

I am battleing midlife crisis and need advise on few things. I am working at the place where I do not like my job, I cannot leave the job due to financial burden and responsibilities, I work more than 12 hours day and get exhausted after work due to that could not do new things such as skill development, other sources of income. I wish I could get help on my situation. Any suggestions for me please?

toughTiger6481 July 22nd

@Kindheartedman1991

It is just a general suggestion........ but sometimes we simply do not know how our skills are transferable  so many times I hear people think they have to take courses and school etc to trade up in a career .... for some specific types or jobs that need certification etc... 

I worked with several people unhappy in a job ...........and felt they could not leave always assuming things were not greener on other side of fence....my suggestion is do some research on a couple of job apps .... reading up on real wages/ hours etc.... maybe talk to a recruiter who can independently access your skills.    some were very surprised that jobs they never considered  paid better then they assumed.

I know it seems impossible to manage finances at a certain point, but have you went through your finances to see if you can consolidate? Insurance, you could shop around and get lower interest rates. There could be a 0% interest credit card where you could transfer your balance(s) to while you maybe look for a side hustle that has a more flexible schedule. I would work less hours at your main job because it doesn’t sound like they are paying you enough. Get an offer from another place and re-negotiate your salary at your present place. There are many things you can do, but take it one day at a time. First, you need ENERGY to make it happen. So, get good sleep, even if for the short term you have to cut some things out like a social life or to rest. Go for it, and take care of yourself.

Kindheartedman1991 OP July 24th

Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. I am working on other options to take care of this situation, hopefully things will get better.