Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My coworker does not think I work well enough

unknowncutie August 16th, 2023

I work at a warehouse. My role is to barcode item, alarm items and to make double products like deodorants single. So when I get a box of goods I am supposed to pack it up nicely and tape the box. So I have always been doing that. Recently I have been sent to the back to count products, and I have been making little mistakes here and there but when i return to the front to barcode etc the goods I don't tape them because I start to feel tired and very hot from counting at the back. Today my indian co worker will open his mouth and ask me "how long have I been there?" So I said a month and two weeks, he will then say I am not focused because I keep calling him to tape the box and print big barcodes. Now I was angry when he said that because from what i have heard his supervisor calls and ask him about how we work. Also some of the indian coworkers here ask me for my number and *** but I have never given it to them. And there is one indian worker who touches my hip area and he asked me if I was a virgin, i asked him to stop touching me and he won't so the next time he touches me I am gonna report him. I did not want to report him the first time because I thought I was over reacting or maybe it was a mistake...but now when I sit and think I realized it was on purpose. Today he touched me on my back. I cant wait for college to reopen cause I can't take it anymore, this work place is toxic and my body can't take it anymore.

toughTiger6481 August 18th, 2023

@unknowncutie

This behavior is totally unacceptable and you should turn this person in to HR ....not only for you but anyone else that is will come next .....

I realize you can just wait until school starts and leave but how would you feel if someone before you had let this guy get away with it and he then touch you.

unknowncutie OP August 18th, 2023

Yes it very unacceptable. I regret not reporting him, but now I am scared I waited too long to report him

toughTiger6481 August 18th, 2023

@unknowncutie

It is up to you but most people wait a bit before turning anyone in just like you said giving someone the benefit of the doubt etc but when he asked about if you were a virgin that was a definite crossing of a line. I have turned people in for unprofessional behavior and it set up a situation where when someone else said something they saw the pattern and the person had a lot to face up to.

unknowncutie OP August 20th, 2023

Also when he asked me if I was a virgin the stupid thing I did was responded to this question. I realized after that I should have just ignored him. Sometimes i think and feel that i act stupid

toughTiger6481 August 20th, 2023

@unknowncutie

This happens do not doubt yourself sometimes when people ask an inappropriate question our thoughts do not automatically say NONE OF YOUR business ... if we answer or not makes no difference the question was NOT wanted or welcome.

RogueOne1983 August 21st, 2023

@unknowncutie this is sexual harassment please immediately report it to Human Resources. I am so sad you are enduring this.