Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

OCD and mild schizophrenia?

Oohelp April 18th, 2020

Hello. I read that OCD can lead to schizophrenia. I asked myself if i had experienced an irregular event, and I came with this. Since I was a child sometimes I cannot control certain thoughts. For example, when I was a kid and tried to pray, sometimes I felt a thought that God doesnt exist, or something like that, and I tried and try to ignore it. Really intrusive thoughts like this, with nightmares.

These are not literally voices like what is known for schizophrenia, I dont hear but I 'feel' a message. It brings me anxiety.

RiverJumper2 April 27th, 2020

@Oohelp

I'm no doctor, but I think this is far from what schizofrenic people experience. At least from personal experience. Even though to be certain you should talk to a practitioner.

faithlove1111 April 27th, 2020

@Oohelp , If you are worried, maybe you could speak to a counsellor or a doctor. It's a a safer way to find out what you are experiencing.

ToriInTheHouse April 27th, 2020

@Oohelp That sounds like a typical OCD experience. I know how you feel *hugs*

Oohelp OP April 28th, 2020

@ToriInTheHouse thank you, so it was just a part of the urges uu

VaehStanifer July 10th, 2023

I haven’t ever seen someone whose like me, I have severe OCD and borderline schizophrenia. When I get into an episode it’s my vision that is affected rather than hearing. I see things move or sway or glitch and it’s quite terrifying when you’re already freaking out.

toughLion8324 July 10th, 2023

Hello Oohelp. I have also suffered frequently from OCD like some thoughts just dig a ground in my mind and become trapped there.

You are very mindful of your mental health which is very good but OCD and schizophrenia are two separate conditions. One can lead to other but not necessarily. I myself am a patient with schizophrenia.

Can you tell me more about what kind of message and what kind of anxiety, you feel?